Texas is fully open: no more mask mandate.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yes because people are dumb and uncooperative.

That's why we have laws.
You tried to make the point that ending mask mandates and allowing people to make their choices is bad because some dude was asked to wear a mask and he started shooting instead.

But that story happened where there is a mask mandate. Maybe if there wasn’t one no shooting would have occurred.

Your post was an epic failure.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
You tried to make the point that ending mask mandates and allowing people to make their choices is bad because some dude was asked to wear a mask and he started shooting instead.

But that story happened where there is a mask mandate. Maybe if there wasn’t one no shooting would have occurred.

Your post was an epic failure.
The point was that idiots refuse to fullfil their social contract and wear fucking masks.

That's the reason we need the government to tell us what to do = people like you, ifailalots, crust bros et al.

Because we're too stupid and disrespectful towards others to do it ourselves.

Thanks you.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The point was that idiots refuse to fullfil their social contract and wear fucking masks.

That's the reason we need the government to tell us what to do = people like you, ifailalots, crust bros et al.

Because we're too stupid and disrespectful towards others to do it ourselves.

Thanks you.
The example you gave to bluster your point happened in a place with a mask mandate so clearly the mandate did nothing.

And I wear a mask inside every place that wants people to wear masks.

Maybe someday you will understand the concept of being opposed to government mandating a behavior while also personally practicing that behavior.

I doubt it though.

I mean you posted an article of a mask related shooting, in an attempt to explain why we need mask mandates, that happened where there is a mask mandate.

“We need laws otherwise people won’t wear masks!!!!! Look at this article of a guy who won’t wear one! See, we need a law!!!!”

There is a law there.

“Yes I know, that’s why we need laws!!!!”

But the law didn’t prevent this situation.

“You want to kill grandma!!!!!!!”

lol.

Reactions: stringcheese

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
75% of the seats in restaurants.
Bars still closed.
90% capacity at gyms closed
schools are essentially still closed as well. No scientific basis for it.
Limits abound.

Mask mandate for outdoors still in effect even though there’s no scientific basis for outdoor mask wearing.
Schools are opening back up right now. Most of North County SD will be 5 days a week in person starting next week. SDUSD will be back in person after spring break. Any delay is now on the districts themselves, not the state.

The rest depends on what tier you're in. Many counties are 50% at restaurants, 25% indoors at bars.

It's going to be fine. The more vaccines given = the sooner restrictions are lifted. You'll be fine.

• Dislike

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Schools are opening back up right now. Most of North County SD will be 5 days a week in person starting next week. SDUSD will be back in person after spring break. Any delay is now on the districts themselves, not the state.

The rest depends on what tier you're in. Many counties are 50% at restaurants, 25% indoors at bars.

It's going to be fine. The more vaccines given = the sooner restrictions are lifted. You'll be fine.
I am fine. I never stopped working. My business is “essential”. Many people I know and even more I don’t have been financially ruined though. Kids have been out of school for a year.

I’m glad we’re starting to open back up but we never should have shut everything down in the first place. The repercussions will last for decades.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
It seems like certain sectors will emerge from the pandemic unscathed while others got hammered. The trades are going gangbusters. Tech and finance have done fairly well, I wouldn't mischaracterize recent layoffs as necessarily pandemic-related, there's always a cyclical element of churn in tech. The biotech, health, and defense sectors have all done quite well. Much of America does not have an economy based on these high-paying sectors though, and many of those towns are in bad shape.

The hospitality, travel, and brick-and-mortar retail sectors have taken it up the ass for sure. Retail was already on life-support pre-Covid, those businesses that survive will have needed to taken advantage of the PPP loans to re-architect their businesses to compete in an online world post-pandemic, or they're doomed. Airlines got some pretty good life support and some will emerge strong, others not so much, especially if they are over-leveraged. In my own town some of my favorite restaurants have sadly gone away while others got their takeout game on and survived. I imagine that a restaurant's pre-pandemic financial status, how well they are managed, and their lease status had a lot to do with whether or not they closed their doors.

It's been a tough recession but I predict that by 2022 the economy will be firing on all cylinders again. The 2008 - 2010 recession was WAY worse than this one. The mid-'70s one was not as deep but lasted for what seemed like an eternity. The '82/83, '91, and '01 recessions were not so bad in comparison. My crystal ball says that barring a civil war, world war, or another pandemic, the mid 2020s will be a time of prosperity, but by the late '20s we should be due for another recession again. So it goes.

Reactions: ~rwright~

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I am fine. I never stopped working. My business is “essential”. Many people I know and even more I don’t have been financially ruined though. Kids have been out of school for a year.

I’m glad we’re starting to open back up but we never should have shut everything down in the first place. The repercussions will last for decades.
Did you think this path of life you are traveling on will be free of obstacles?