Tesla = Not Done

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
FecalFace said:
SurfFuerte said:
nicolas tesla was just another human being, surely if he figured it out, it's only a matter of applying oneself.
*Nikola

Also, people like Tesla come by once in a century.

I'd stick with economics.
riiiight, i prefer to not believe in those limitations what society attempts to saddle me with, kinda like you only use 10% of your brain? careful what you choose to believe too.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
grapedrink said:
FecalFace said:
shakajawea said:
why bother with a porsche at 50k. if you can't afford the good one get on with it
There's no such thing as bad 911
I think he was referring to the Boxster at 50k, aka the Poor Man's Porsche :roflmao:
Any car with a soft top is an eewww and especially the Boxter.

The only one I'd consider is the Targa 😍

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
FecalFace said:
grapedrink said:
FecalFace said:
shakajawea said:
why bother with a porsche at 50k. if you can't afford the good one get on with it
I think he was referring to the Boxster at 50k, aka the Poor Man's Porsche :roflmao:
Any car with a soft top is an eewww .......
Shirley? I have NO IDEA of what you speak....

butt, back some 20 odd years ago, when i was working, had the rare and unique opportunity to tool around 1990's san francisco on a sunny saturday with one of these....

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0813-161586/1963-modena-spyder-california/

and let me tell you i never ever ever had so much fun as connecting the three bridges (GG, Bay & San Mateo) with that little puppy.

the roar. humbling.

convertibles, ewww, indeed.

not once you had a drive like that notched on your proverbial steering wheel

:rockin:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
SurfFuerte said:
FecalFace said:
grapedrink said:
FecalFace said:
shakajawea said:
Any car with a soft top is an eewww .......
Shirley? I have NO IDEA of what you speak....

butt, back some 20 odd years ago, when i was working, had the rare and unique opportunity to tool around 1990's san francisco on a sunny saturday with one of these....

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0813-161586/1963-modena-spyder-california/

and let me tell you i never ever ever had so much fun as connecting the three bridges (GG, Bay & San Mateo) with that little puppy.

the roar. humbling.

convertibles, ewww, indeed.

not once you had a drive like that notched on your proverbial steering wheel

:rockin:
they are Porsche drivers, which have no idea what driving a sports car is :pokestick:

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
FecalFace said:
grapedrink said:
FecalFace said:
shakajawea said:

I had a '67 911S Targa. The rear window was soft/plastic you could zip out. I spent a lot of money rebuilding the engine on that car. Rebuilding a 4 cam 4 cylinder 356 Speedster motor at the moment. Paying for it anyway. :bawling:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GWS said:
FecalFace said:
grapedrink said:
FecalFace said:
shakajawea said:

I had a '67 911S Targa. The rear window was soft/plastic you could zip out. I spent a lot of money rebuilding the engine on that car. Rebuilding a 4 cam 4 cylinder 356 Speedster motor at the moment. Paying for it anyway. :bawling:
:jam_on:

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Aaand to bring it back full circle, you could always make one of those Porsches electric with a conversion kit from these same guys I got my house batteries from:
EV West

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
The Cayman GT4 was one of the finest cars to be built in the last 10+ years, Hopefully its back (with a flat 6) in 2019.

If Alan Mulally is brought in as the new Tesla CEO I would totally consider them again.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I've got a five figure position in TSLA. I believe it was yesterday it was reported that EM just bought another ten million dollars of his own stock. I'm trying to decided if that is a buy or a sell signal? Maybe I should offer him my stock in exchange for a car?

Party at GWS's place tonight! (you didn't sell last year did you?)

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019

Party at GWS's place tonight! (you didn't sell last year did you?)
Looking good, but I'm always reluctant to count my chickens before the eggs have hatched and I have sold the freaking position.

Still holding... :oops: