Tesla for a middle class family with two kids.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
The market is pretty clear that people want Tesla’s. Like I said before they just released an “affordable” Tesla. A small run of pre ordered vehicles were filled, and they have a down payments on thousands of these vehiclss.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
manbearpig said:
The market is pretty clear that people want Tesla’s. Like I said before they just released an “affordable” Tesla. A small run of pre ordered vehicles were filled, and they have a down payments on thousands of these vehiclss.
I won't argue that, but lets hope they can deliver without us having to bail them out like we did with GM and Chrysler.

So far the track record on delivering the Model 3 is **** poor to fucked

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Yeah it’s slow to start but has the potential to be a game changer. I think they’ll get it figured out, probably will require them to reel it in a bit and focus more on current production as opposed to future concepts.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
manbearpig said:
BY what metric? Tesla sales are a rounding error in the automotive space. By a huge, overwhelming percentage people have spoken and they have rejected Tesla or any other electric car.

Tesla's biggest problem is they can't scale. They lose money on every car so the more they produce the more money they lose. Plus their once unrivaled quality is now in the crapper.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
GromsDad said:
Why not let the market decide? I welcome any auto maker who makes a product I want at a price I can afford. I'm all for that. Needs to be big enough for my needs, be convenient to drive and refuel, needs to have adequate power, safe, comfortable to drive and affordable up front and total cost of ownership. Bring it on. Make a better mouse trap. Reap the rewards.
Oh this will be fun.

Chevy Volt:

Affordability: Yes
Carpool lane: Yes (the best part of car)
Big enough: Maybe if you originate from Papua New Guinea
Safe: Remains to be seen but doubtful. Horrible blind spots when driving; worse than Prius.
Convenient: Local trips only.
Comfort: Oh hell no. :roflmao:

Other bonuses:

- Doors only stay open in one or two positions. Anything else, they slam straight back into you. Awesome when your kids are trying to get in and out of the car.
- Push-button screen/console (which includes climate control) is woefully slow and inefficient.
- Front end scrapes when entering/exiting any kind of driveway.
- Beeps/honks at you incessantly, worse than a Costco gas station
- and yet the horn is wimpy while driving.

I am convinced with that car, they wanted to outdo the Edsel, Pinto, and Yugo for worst cars in automotive history. Like a Microsoft program, I am not sure they ever had anyone test drive it before releasing it. Only further fueled (no pun intended) my prejudice that American cars are absolute sh*t. Glad it's leased and not bought. :socrazy:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
Let me know when I can get real 1080p, or hell, real 1080i at home and I'll concede the 4K point.

You can edit in 4 or 8K all day long and it doesn't mean sh!t if the end user doesn't watch it in 4K.

Average home internet speeds should tell you all you need to know about people getting real 4K at home.

The enthusiast crowd doesn't mean sh!t when it comes to bulk numbers
Mind-blowingly clueless.

You need to learn resolution and compression basics before we can talk.

What is it that you do for a living again? :foreheadslap:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
Let me know when I can get real 1080p, or hell, real 1080i at home and I'll concede the 4K point.

You can edit in 4 or 8K all day long and it doesn't mean sh!t if the end user doesn't watch it in 4K.

Average home internet speeds should tell you all you need to know about people getting real 4K at home.

Mind-blowingly clueless.

Enthusiast :roflmao:

4K is for vloggers.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
VonMeister said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

Mind-blowingly clueless.

4K is for vloggers.
Stick to deadlifts, steroid boi.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
FecalFace said:
VonMeister said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

Mind-blowingly clueless.

4K is for vloggers.
Stick to deadlifts, steroid boi.
The Triggered Terrorist of Terramar. You've peaked. Time to make a life decision.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
Why not let the market decide? I welcome any auto maker who makes a product I want at a price I can afford. I'm all for that. Needs to be big enough for my needs, be convenient to drive and refuel, needs to have adequate power, safe, comfortable to drive and affordable up front and total cost of ownership. Bring it on. Make a better mouse trap. Reap the rewards.
Exactly.

They'll probably get there soon, but the electric cars are nowhere near as convenient and affordable as a normal car.

People jerk themselves off over Teslas but that company is literally stealing from poor people and giving it to rich people in order for the company to stay solvent. Crony capitalism is bad regardless
Sure, but has it ever been a level playing field? Gov't bailed out GM. And I'm sure oil and gas companies never received subsidies or tax credits. :wink2:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Phi1 said:
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
Exactly.

They'll probably get there soon, but the electric cars are nowhere near as convenient and affordable as a normal car.

People jerk themselves off over Teslas but that company is literally stealing from poor people and giving it to rich people in order for the company to stay solvent. Crony capitalism is bad regardless
Sure, but has it ever been a level playing field? Gov't bailed out GM. And I'm sure oil and gas companies never received subsidies or tax credits. :wink2:
Ifall has a boner for Musk, that's all.

He cheers for the government having less money and cutting NASA funds but he hates Musk because FEELZ.

The subsidies GM, GE and other leeching non-innovators are receiving are not important.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Where would free-market capitalism be without gub'ment subsidies?

https://www.thebalance.com/government-subsidies-definition-farm-oil-export-etc-3305788

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2015/03/17/the-united-states-of-subsidies-the-biggest-corporate-winners-in-each-state/?utm_term=.91c21ad46891

https://www.salon.com/2016/12/27/taxpayer-funded-capitalism-here-are-the-biggest-corporate-subsidy-deals-of-2016/

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

Mind-blowingly clueless.

I know all about both resolution and compression, the fact that you think you can get the real thing about home outside of a file-based system shows you don't know anything about it. And even then unless you're packing hundreds of terabytes you probably have it squeezed down and wrapped up in some codec. Once something is compressed, its not the real deal anymore.

For example, your basic 1080i HDSDI signal has a bitrate of 1.5 gb/s. Do you have that big of a pipe into your house?

You can have all the resolution you want, but until its moving, its just a photo

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
hal9000 said:
Where would free-market capitalism be without gub'ment subsidies?

https://www.thebalance.com/government-subsidies-definition-farm-oil-export-etc-3305788

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2015/03/17/the-united-states-of-subsidies-the-biggest-corporate-winners-in-each-state/?utm_term=.91c21ad46891

https://www.salon.com/2016/12/27/taxpayer-funded-capitalism-here-are-the-biggest-corporate-subsidy-deals-of-2016/

It would actually be free-market capitalism and it would actually work as intended.

Cronyism =/= free market capitalism

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

Mind-blowingly clueless.

I know all about both resolution and compression, the fact that you think you can get the real thing about home outside of a file-based system shows you don't know anything about it. And even then unless you're packing hundreds of terabytes you probably have it squeezed down and wrapped up in some codec. Once something is compressed, its not the real deal anymore.

For example, your basic 1080i HDSDI signal has a bitrate of 1.5 gb/s. Do you have that big of a pipe into your house?

You can have all the resolution you want, but until its moving, its just a photo
You don't understand the basics of compression.

Like the stuff a 5th grader should know.

Compression codec doesn't make 4k any less of a "real deal". :foreheadslap:
Compression doesn't change the resolution dummy.

1080 is 1080 and 4k is 4k whether it's 1.5 gb/s or 1.5 mb/s

You don't need uncompressed 4k, to see the 4k resolution.
That's the dumbest fvcking thing I've heard today.

Since we talked about this last time which was maybe less than a couple of years ago, 4k became a standard.
After you claimed it will never happen and how it's useless to even talk about it. :roflmao:

Codecs are getting better and cleaner.
Bandwidth pipes are getting bigger.
Broadcasting is dying. (sorry for your loss)

Everything is going exactly as predicted.

Except that the internet infrastructure in the US sucks, while you are cheering for government having less money and for death of net neutrality.

Not #1 :poke:

And this ties perfectly to this thread, because here you are again, shitting on progress with other rightards and calling Space-X launch a "light show".

Stick to clean coal and dial-up, dummy.