Telework, Hybrid, or Office?

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
wrapski.JPG
MX4 = $ :D Space to move! I think this is what the SoCal guys call "Gentleman's Hour"? On a weekend typically there's a slue of kooks on the inside at this spot or dealing with the new crop of 20 something's after work, who just moved out in the last few years, hassling.

Last edited:

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
B: Hybrid.

Love my home office, but it's good to see the people I work with face to face every so often.

ps: Is "Telework" what you guys call it that side of the pond? Sounds weird to me, the rest of the world call it remote, or distributed work.

Last edited:
Reactions: brukuns

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I like seeing the people I work with.

But I’m so much more productive at my house.

If I had to do one day I could

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I’m surprised when I see someone post that they like the people they work with
Or that they like anyone
I just kind of figure that everyone here finds the rest of the world to be pretty irritating at best and more likely, complete total fvcking useless assholes
:roflmao:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I’m surprised when I see someone post that they like the people they work with
Or that they like anyone
I just kind of figure that everyone here finds the rest of the world to be pretty irritating at best and more likely, complete total fvcking useless assholes
:roflmao:
just depends on the day.

a few jobs ago i really liked my co-workers, ate lunch with them every day/ drinks after work. made going to work like going to hang out with the bro's. made a big difference to my demeanor about working in general.

this current job these people are vultures and can go f themsleves. if i got fired itd be a huge relief.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Good group dynamics can make any team or organization so much more effective and competitive. Everyone knows this.

The problem is that it can't be manufactured, it's just a natural thing that happens and then only infrequently. Management and HR don't seem to know this.

Reactions: npsp and CutnSnip

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
just depends on the day.

a few jobs ago i really liked my co-workers, ate lunch with them every day/ drinks after work. made going to work like going to hang out with the bro's. made a big difference to my demeanor about working in general.

this current job these people are vultures and can go f themsleves. if i got fired itd be a huge relief.
Same here. Current job is telework but we all fly in and get together about once a month and all go cruise and hit happy hour and stuff.

Everyone nice and likes each other.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Epic Bad Brains art hanging there in your home office.

Lukewarm on Shepard Fairey these days but Glen E Friedman is one of my personal heroes and I will forever love the Bad Brains. It’s just a print but it’s signed by all of the above.

Friedman basically documented all of the things I’ve ever loved that helped make me who I am. Skateboarding, punk rock and hip-hop. He was front and center in the thick of it all with his camera.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
My commute costs me over 300 a month and 2.5 -3 hours per day
I don’t want to do that every day
If I just come in once in a while, it costs me $25 per day
Unless I’m seeing a customer and can expense it, I don’t see me commuting regularly.
Maybe I’ll change my mind, but my role has been technically remote for years

I’ll start flying to meet with customers again some day too, but not for a single short meeting. Not wasting my time like that again

Just got a second external monitor for my home office. I’m settled into this home office thing pretty well at this point
Saddest post I've read here.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink