VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I keep seeing comments about teachers "indoctrinating our children with wokeness." I don't have kids and my friends' kids are just getting to elementary school, if that, for the most part. So, other than critical race theory (which I think is a fairly recent phenomenon?), I'm genuinely curious what that comment refers to? Recycle, reuse, reduce? AGW and being accepting of people's differences? What is the horrible indoctrination you guys are talking about in K-12?
Serfdoge thinks story time involves teaching about fisting.

just So you know where these clowns are coming from.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
History is a bitch. I'm an art teacher (and I fully expect all the crap that will get thrown at me for that). At the end of the year, to get into the summer mood, I would teach a unit on Polynesia and Hawaii. One of the California Standards for Visual Arts addressed teaching about art in a cultural/historical context (IMHO arts "standards" are the ultimate oxymoron). I'd start by teaching them the history of human migrations (we are all African), the incredible feats of the Polynesian voyagers. Then I'd teach them about the history of surfing, sport of kings, Duke Kahanmoku. We'd do surfboard and skateboard graphics, tattoos and floral graphics. We'd listen to slack key and ukulele. We'd watch videos of hula. And I'd teach them about the history. They don't learn anything in K-12 about Hawaii. I found a chapter in their 8th grade history books- a two page sterilized account of the "Annexation." In any case the history teachers told me they never had time to teach it. So I took it upon myself to give them a brief overview. The USA does not come out looking very good.

After a quick perusal, I do not see anything offensive in the above linked CA ethnic studies. What is ugly are aspects of our history. And I say OUR. The USA is, like it or not MAGA boys, a multi cultural and multi ethnic country. I think we can grow by honestly confronting and developing awareness of our past, including the gross mistakes. But it seems like the MAGA boys just want to sweep the ugliness under the rug. We were simply great, the greatest, 24/7 for over 500 years. The revisionism is ongoing- January 6th was a tourist visit.

My dos centavos. Take it or leave it.
1622523876236.jpeg

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I once had this really, really straight laced assistant principal start talking to me about how much pot he smoked in high school. I wasn't buying it. Didn't say a thing.

There was a documentary about Kevin Naughton and Craig Peterson and traveling in the 70's. Their line was,

"I do not, nor do I know anyone who has used drugs."
:roflmao:
I have friends that were living in Peta when they got there.
:roflmao:

Reactions: Chocki and One-Off

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
So Qanon is just a living idea out in the ether that liberals can use to describe things they disagree with?
What are you talking about? You were responding to a picture of a Republican Congressman standing in front of a Q-Anon convention for christ's sake. :poke:

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Lawrence Wright's article about the nuts the the Texas legislature was so prescient.

The last line was so goes Texas so goes the country.

That was four years ago.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
by your logic, ANTIFA does not exist.
You can find hundreds of thousands of examples of Antifa...including regional websites, Facebook pages, twitter accounts.

Qanon was nothing but the lefts meager attempt at whataboutism when they spent the past year burning down cities. They needed to come up with something.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You can find hundreds of thousands of examples of Antifa...including regional websites, Facebook pages, twitter accounts.

Qanon was nothing but the lefts meager attempt at whataboutism when they spent the past year burning down cities. They needed to come up with something.
you look like a fooking moron right now, GromsMeister

• Love
Reactions: manbearpig