Teachers seem mature and well adjusted.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That video where the teachers grovel for dollars at a hockey game is disturbing.

I'm a poor teacher and I wouldn't do it.

Oh, S Dakota.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It’s the easiest thing to blame. It’s inconvenient to recognize that what happens in the family unit is of equal or more importance in educational development.
I've blamed parenting many times. They don't like that either. No one is to blame for plummeting test scores or bad behavior at schools, you see. Also Wokeness, and LGBTQ+ indoctrination are not happening. Everything is fine.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I've blamed parenting many times. They don't like that either. No one is to blame for plummeting test scores or bad behavior at schools, you see. Also Wokeness, and LGBTQ+ indoctrination are not happening. Everything is fine.
Nobody? Al Gore invented the internets. From there it’s been all down hill. Virtual knowledge is great as long as you never have to do much that requires practical experience. The misuse of this as an educational tool has made a slew of experts in everything and nothing. All hat and no cattle. See Hal’s posting history. And he alleges to be a high school science teacher?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I do no online stuff now. It's all paper.

I know teachers that are doing all digital now.

I would do but it doesn't work.

You got to go to a hard copy at some point.

I did try digital learning and it didn't work as well as in class on demand work.

At some point you have to look them in the eye and say "WTF is this sh!t you are giving me?" :roflmao:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Nobody? Al Gore invented the internets. From there it’s been all down hill. Virtual knowledge is great as long as you never have to do much that requires practical experience. The misuse of this as an educational tool has made a slew of experts in everything and nothing. All hat and no cattle. See Hal’s posting history. And he alleges to be a high school science teacher?
I'm sympathetic to teachers' complaints about child behavior in school. Nowadays, if a teacher calls a parent about their child's behavior, they get some infuriating response like, "My little johnny would NEVER do that and shift the blame onto the teacher." Teachers and educators have had to step into parenting roles due to what Leonard Sax calls, "The Collapse of Parenting." I see this all the time.

THe problem is teachers and the education establishment are not exactly on the side of parents who DO want to do a good job. It's almost impossible for concerned parents to figure out what their kids are learning at school in the face of nuclear-level divisive curriculum legislation handed-down from the state request by the teacher's unions. What started as a trickle of multi-cultural education in the '90s to replace pluralism, patriotism, and civic virtue common to most cultures has turned into a torrent of Woke revisionist history and ethnic instruction, but (of course!) no Western civ. This has infuriated many parents. The sex education that most religious parents do not want now gets into gender identity and recent legislation authorizes children as young as 12 to seek "treatment" without the consent of parents. Lately, the teachers unions have asked the governor for a COVID vaccine mandate despite the large uncertainty in individual risk/reward ratio for children, especially boys who face post-vax mycarditis incidence as high as 1 in 2200.

I've been mocked or belittled many times by teachers on this forum for the above, indicating they really DON'T support parents and want to prevent them from being stakeholders in their kids' education. It's true that many parents only care that their school provides day care and sends home good grades. Welp, those are the only types of students they have now. Teachers' complaint that charter schools have sapped talented kids from the regular K-12 schools is a red herring because the elimination of standards and advanced classes leaves parents of these kids little choice. The overall result in this state is NAEP rankings near the bottom. Our state has the least-educated students in the union.

The smart, idealistic public school teachers have been defeated in detail by the education bureaucracy according to the ones I've talked to. It's common knowledge that most quit within 5 years. This leave the mediocre middle or downright stupid that goes along to get along. Reforms seem quite impossible.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I'm sympathetic to teachers' complaints about child behavior in school. Nowadays, if a teacher calls a parent about their child's behavior, they get some infuriating response like, "My little johnny would NEVER do that and shift the blame onto the teacher." Teachers and educators have had to step into parenting roles due to what Leonard Sax calls, "The Collapse of Parenting." I see this all the time.

THe problem is teachers and the education establishment are not exactly on the side of parents who DO want to do a good job. It's almost impossible for concerned parents to figure out what their kids are learning at school in the face of nuclear-level divisive curriculum legislation handed-down from the state request by the teacher's unions. What started as a trickle of multi-cultural education in the '90s to replace pluralism, patriotism, and civic virtue common to most cultures has turned into a torrent of Woke revisionist history and ethnic instruction, but (of course!) no Western civ. This has infuriated many parents. The sex education that most religious parents do not want now gets into gender identity and recent legislation authorizes children as young as 12 to seek "treatment" without the consent of parents. Lately, the teachers unions have asked the governor for a COVID vaccine mandate despite the large uncertainty in individual risk/reward ratio for children, especially boys who face post-vax mycarditis incidence as high as 1 in 2200.

I've been mocked or belittled many times by teachers on this forum for the above, indicating they really DON'T support parents and want to prevent them from being stakeholders in their kids' education. It's true that many parents only care that their school provides day care and sends home good grades. Welp, those are the only types of students they have now. Teachers' complaint that charter schools have sapped talented kids from the regular K-12 schools is a red herring because the elimination of standards and advanced classes leaves parents of these kids little choice. The overall result in this state is NAEP rankings near the bottom. Our state has the least-educated students in the union.

The smart, idealistic public school teachers have been defeated in detail by the education bureaucracy according to the ones I've talked to. It's common knowledge that most quit within 5 years. This leave the mediocre middle or downright stupid that goes along to get along. Reforms seem quite impossible.
That’s why parental and family/community involvement is important. Always has been. You shouldn’t expect a teacher to be dishing out discipline. That’s what family and friends of the family are for. Teachers are for teaching, not child care.

We got cracks throughout the neighborhood. No wait until I tell your parents. Whack. Beat it kook. Swats in school, but mostly symbolic. My first grade teacher broke a yardstick on me the first week of school. 60+ years ago. OMFG the trauma for little ogro.

A good point has been brought up, you never know what it’s like to get punched until you take the first one on the grill. Until then, blah blah and more blah.

Youth won’t get any more out of formal education than their parents have put into it with time and patience.

For me, the essence of the problem is the breakdown of the community. Everyone is sooo busy. Your neighbors? How many people know everyone within a two block radius of where they are raising their kids? I still remember the majority and haven’t seen them for going on 50 years.

Hey @Pico howzit with the kekei? He stay big now? Scrappin? No picture this year?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Also. Stop fucking with @Random Guy. He’s my bro and I won’t stand for it.:shameonyou:

• Haha
Reactions: Random Guy and PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
That’s why parental and family/community involvement is important. Always has been. You shouldn’t expect a teacher to be dishing out discipline. That’s what family and friends of the family are for. Teachers are for teaching, not child care.
In the past, teachers handed out discipline and the parents gave them more at home. This was even corporal punishment. Parents reinforced this. Teachers acted in loco parentis. Obviously you need a homogenous, high-trust society for this to work. Before you say this is awful, think about what we have today.

We got cracks throughout the neighborhood. No wait until I tell your parents. Whack. Beat it kook. Swats in school, but mostly symbolic. My first grade teacher broke a yardstick on me the first week of school. 60+ years ago. OMFG the trauma for little ogro.
There you go. Nowadays, kids can try to instigate violence with adults then claim victimhood and say they'll call the cops. I had this happen to me in the lineup.
A good point has been brought up, you never know what it’s like to get punched until you take the first one on the grill. Until then, blah blah and more blah.
Strong agree. The only place for boys to learn this now is the boxing gym, which is why I'm teaching mine boxing.

For me, the essence of the problem is the breakdown of the community. Everyone is sooo busy. Your neighbors? How many people know everyone within a two block radius of where they are raising their kids? I still remember the majority and haven’t seen them for going on 50 years.
This is actually pretty good in my neighborhood since we have neighbors that send their kids to the same CHristian school as well as Lebanese parents that know how to raise kids. Mine play with both. Americans, on the whole, simply let their kids run feral. It's incredible. Either we discipline our kids or society aka cracks, hard knocks, and the cops have to.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Was in Budapest a while back. At popular ruin club, met two elementary school teachers on summer vaca from Chicago. Girl and a guy traveling together. Hung out with them for a bit until they asked me if I wanted some cocaine. :oops:

Only two times been offered cocaine in my life. Once by a rando at a bar in La Jolla when I was in my early 20s, and this time in Budapest.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Mayor Adams acting like the adult in the room:
Time for the teachers to grow up and do their jobs or get different ones. The other unstated assumption is that many kids have such poor home lives the schools have to provide one for them:
Carle Zimmerman and many others have documented on our anti natalism and anti familism for close to 100 years and we’ve done nothing to fix it and much to accelerate it.