Tavarua October 2019

hanger18

Nep status
Sep 16, 2003
Pacific Beach
2019 has been a great year of surf for me and for my birthday, I went to see my old friends on Tavarua Island for a week. It just happened to coincide with Donavon's week so the island was a mellow mix of families. The surf was insane for late season and getting 6-8' restaurants on my birthday was the icing on the cake. Heres a little photo dump. It only let me drop 10 files, but i'll post a link to the video shortly.

If you havent been, I still very much recommend it to anyone. Crowds are a bit more than they used to but I still got Restaurants with less than 5 guys twice and an evening at double overhead Cloudbreak with 15. Book the trip.

IMG_1251.JPGIMG_1173.JPGIMG_1170.JPGIMG_1284.JPGTAVARUA__SCENICS_OCT-2019_WINER@FIJICHILI49959.JPGIMG_0016.JPGKulu Bar.jpgIMG_0214.jpgIMG_1316.JPG

Attachments

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
hanger ~
Mahalo plenty for the photo's! Ya had a good trip to the South Pacific. Mahalo for the van! Ya made my 3 week trip most enjoyable! Deb's off to Abuquerque Thursday to see her sister for 10 days & surprise her for her b'day. "subways" headed this way next week with his wife Alex. Hope all is well. Miss yer Ohana!

hanger18

Nep status
Sep 16, 2003
Pacific Beach
hanger ~
Mahalo plenty for the photo's! Ya had a good trip to the South Pacific. Mahalo for the van! Ya made my 3 week trip most enjoyable! Deb's off to Abuquerque Thursday to see her sister for 10 days & surprise her for her b'day. "subways" headed this way next week with his wife Alex. Hope all is well. Miss yer Ohana!
Yeah brother! We miss you here. My dog, which is now your dog, really misses you, lol. Have fun with Simon! I met a bunch of people from Hanalei who were there for Donavons week. One guy knew you. His little kid was Jackson I think. Little shredder. And a little longboard wahine named Piper. Anywho, Hope you're well brother!

Reactions: PPK96754

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
a place that so thoroughly enchants, i still can hardly process that such a place exists, let alone is possible to visit

Reactions: hanger18

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Thanks for the photo-report.

How was the kava kava? Do people argue/discuss/brag about where the best kava kava comes from?

Which board worked best at Restaurants?

Reactions: hanger18

hanger18

Nep status
Sep 16, 2003
Pacific Beach
Thanks for the photo-report.

How was the kava kava? Do people argue/discuss/brag about where the best kava kava comes from?

Which board worked best at Restaurants?
I enjoy sitting and sharing Kava with the Fijians very much. Its a great side hustle for a lot of people and yes, they do tell you "next time, get your Kava from my family, its the best" lol. Its really expensive right now which is a drag.

On the biggest day I loved my 6' 8" quad. n the first two head high days the 6'3" SK was a gem