Tamarindo/Playa Grande Accommodations

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Got a work trip to CR at the end of March, but going a few days early with the GF (who's never been) for some international romance. Not sure I'm going to bring a board (work trip is in the Coco Bay whitey enclave) but will be spending the first couple nights in the Tamagringo/Playa Grande area. Don't want to hassle with transport to and from Negra. Never surfed good Grande, but have caught it good around town. Also never been to Arenal . . .

So I need recs for chick-friendly and surf (and possibly board-rental adjacent) lodging for a couple nights. No party program, required.

Also, anyone ever taken boat rides from Coco to WR or the other (shhhhhhh) spots up that way?

Thanks Bros!

Last edited:

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
Also, anyone ever taken boat rides from Coco to WR or the other (shhhhhhh) spots up that way?

Thanks Bros!

Yes. Beautiful scenery and enjoyable boat ride as long as your boat doesn't break down in the middle of the ocean, like ours did. Took a few hours to get where we were trying to go, and was still worth it considering how hard we scored.

If you need a boat guy let me know, I didn't use him last time, but have a guy I spent time with in Nica who runs boats out of there, local kid who has all the spots wired. great surfer & nice guy

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Got a work trip to CR at the end of March, but going a few days early with the GF (who's never been) for some international romance. Not sure I'm going to bring a board (work trip is in the Coco Bay whitey enclave) but will be spending the first couple nights in the Tamagringo/Playa Grande area. Don't want to hassle with transport to and from Negra. Never surfed good Grande, but have caught it good around town. Also never been to Arenal . . .

So I need recs for chick-friendly and surf (and possibly board-rental adjacent) lodging for a couple nights. No party program, required.

Thanks Bros!
Stayed here last October. Pretty dope

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
It's been while but last time I was down there I didn't have a board and rented from Superior Skate Shop. Had a limited but selection of boards with proper fins, a few CIs, few Albums and a few Nightmare Shapes, which I think is a florida shaper/glasser. No Party find a place at the end of the road in Langosta, better waves, cleaner water and no surf schools

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Stayed here many years ago, it was great really nice and right on the beach, waves available out front, in town so crowed, and hotel can connect you with boat to Ollie's/Witches; watch out for the Croc's up at Ollie's.

Reactions: Lohena