***t** Official 2022 The Eddie Thread *****

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I see Lord Tally Ho Blears on the left and Eddie Rothman(32nd) on the right. Behind Foo's(14th) left shoulder talking to Eddie it looks like Hans Hedemann's(13th) nose. Signing autographs with Mark? Is it Owl Chapman(18th) or Reno Abelira(24th)?
Might be John Cruz (Hokule'a), to the right of Sponge and Raymond Li'i on the far left on the scaffolding.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
I see Lord Tally Ho Blears on the left and Eddie Rothman(32nd) on the right. Behind Foo's(14th) left shoulder talking to Eddie it looks like Hans Hedemann's(13th) nose. Signing autographs with Mark? Is it Owl Chapman(18th) or Reno Abelira(24th)?
Very very good. The "nose" might be Hans but I was thinking Todd Chesser.

The other guy signing autograph, lots thought it was Rory Russell (including SteveT above) but it isn't. My friend Willie Grace (to the right of me) said it was "some NS guy who drives around with a 12+ shark fin board." Don't know who he was referring to.

And for completeness, the guys on the scaffolding are Wendall Aoki, Willie Grace, myself, and Ben Aipa.

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu

The other guy signing autograph, lots thought it was Rory Russell (including SteveT above) but it isn't. My friend Willie Grace (to the right of me) said it was "some NS guy who drives around with a 12+ shark fin board." Don't know who he was referring to.

And for completeness, the guys on the scaffolding are Wendall Aoki, Willie Grace, myself, and Ben Aipa.
12+ foot shark fin guy is Brian Hurov aka Battleship Brian. I thought that it looked just like Brian but what would he be doing signing autographs. It's just like Brian that he'd jump in to get a autograph. Todd wasn't in the 1990 Eddie but he was in the 95 half an Eddie.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Total hack job!!! All "***Official Threads***" are only supposed to have three asterisks on each side!!!! Geez,
quality slipping here!
I disagree :nana:. The more asterisks and special chars the better.
5 of them lines up with the username and it’s the fooking Eddie.
I suggest you think ootside the box if and when you post an \**e**OFFICIAL****/ conest thread.

Reactions: bonzer5fin

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
The NW buoy has been 16' 19 seconds for 3 hours now, plenty big enough for the Eddie. It could be blocked by Kauai or not last long enough but I'm almost ready to say I told you so.

Reactions: youcantbeserious

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site

Wendall gave T&C special pricing at Delta air cargo , when they lost that it hurt their 70% east coast sales , fortunately longboarding started back up and customers stayed surfing longer and the number of local customers grew .
That happened in the late 80's

Reactions: sponge

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
The NW buoy has been 16' 19 seconds for 3 hours now, plenty big enough for the Eddie. It could be blocked by Kauai or not last long enough but I'm almost ready to say I told you so.
I think you're right, it's gonna get really big. That last big swell they said was going to be 15-18' with some pluses had close out sets. I really don't like Waimea on a west, it scares me even when it's not that big.