Swimmers and surfers warned to stay out of OB water

hgsouth

OTF status
Apr 15, 2006
http://www.cbs8.com/story/27923527/swimmers-and-surfers-warned-to-stay-out-of-ob-water

What great reporting. It hasn't rained a drop. So why is it polluted?

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Makes you wonder if the chemical science labs at SDSU, directly 10 miles upstream, has anything to do with the toxic runoff that constantly plagues OB.

hgsouth

OTF status
Apr 15, 2006
They also mention Cardiff. It makes no sense. Or did they just decide to start actually testing again in the wake of the OB death?

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
GeoPac said:
Makes you wonder if the chemical science labs at SDSU, directly 10 miles upstream, has anything to do with the toxic runoff that constantly plagues OB.
Its a big watershed... businesses from Mission Valley to Santee are suspect. I'm fairly sure the SDSU labs are not the culprit. UCSD on the other hand, may have the brains to be doing more insidious work.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
It will stop very few people from surfing tomorrow. Line-up will be packed.

Too many surfers are lemmings. As soon as 1 person goes in, the masses will follow.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Lol:

"Give me a bulldozer in 2 hours and I can push enough sand to plug the mouth of the San Diego river. Like magic the water off ocean beach becomes clean, the sea life returns, and the fish become edible again. Yes it's that easy folks"

Well I guess it's that easy but.....

Damn, I always thought he was trolling when stating this opinion

ocean7847

Miki Dora status
Jun 23, 2004
the Injured Reserve
silentbutdeadly said:
Lol:

"Give me a bulldozer in 2 hours and I can push enough sand to plug the mouth of the San Diego river. Like magic the water off ocean beach becomes clean, the sea life returns, and the fish become edible again. Yes it's that easy folks"

Well I guess it's that easy but.....

Damn, I always thought he was trolling when stating this opinion
sadly, he actually thinks this is the solution. a long time ago (when i worked for a SD based nonprofit focused on ocean/river/watershed pollution issues) i engaged him in a discussion on this topic. i regretted it, and it reaffirmed two mottoes i live by:
1. never argue with an idiot: they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
2. never argue with an idiot, because from a distance no one can tell who's who.

wildingb

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 28, 2008
Cardiff, Del Mar, OB and Shores (!?). How can any beach in SD county be safe at the moment if Shores is bad? That place is right by a canyon and there is no rivermouth nearby. Has there been a sewage spill recently?

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
I've heaRd it before.....somewhere, "if you go in the ocean ....you will die".