Suspected Chinese spy balloon found over northern U.S.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I mean...his argument is so fkn ridiculous...WHY DID BRANDON HAVE TO ""DEFLECT"" IN THE FIRST PLACE, SQUIDLIAR?

Duh. What's the title of this thread? Biden allowed a Chinese spy balloon to traverse the continental United States. I can say that unequivocally without inventing some national security bullshit to cover an impression that I made it up out of whole cloth.

Yes, I believe my lying eyes.

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
"Trump had been briefed in August 2019 of an explosion at an Iranian space facility, and he wanted to post a satellite image shown to him on his personal Twitter account. Aides pushed back against the move, arguing it might give insight into US-surveillance capabilities. He posted it to his account anyway.

"We had a photo and I released it, which I have the absolute right to do," Trump said at the time.

John Sipher, a former CIA clandestine-services officer, told Insider that the release of the image was "consistent with his disdain for foreign policy and intelligence expertise."

"If he sees an immediate personal or political benefit, he does not feel any need to follow rules, regulations, protocol, or even laws," Sipher said."

Intelligence Officials Purposely Withheld Info From Trump: Report (businessinsider.com)

If a commanding officer issues an illegal command, that command should not be followed.

Trump stood on stage in Helsinki and told the world he trusted the word of Putin over his intelligence services.

Reactions: Hump and hal9000

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
These Biden goons didn’t use a private “briefing” to accuse Trump of allowing a Chinese spy balloon to traverse the United States during his watch. They used a televised public appearance.

The claim was a lie intended to deflect criticism for Biden provably doing what they are accusing Trump of doing.

The private briefing aspect of this latest story is the Biden regime admitting that they can’t be trusted with classified information. Even if the proof had existed and was this classified then the Biden regime should never have mentioned it in the first place.
Not to fear, Marge is on the case!

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
This is what happens when we only have idiots to choose from. The CCP is laughing at us and will continue this behavior because we allow it. Remember, they have this saying in China: "Shame on you for letting me take advantage of you". They don't care and will do what they want as long as we let them. The fact that this is forth or fifth balloon that we've allowed to cross over land is mind numbing and an embarrassment to us as a country.
We need to be better but won't because of a complete void of leadership at the highest levels. There has to be better people than Biden and Trump to lead us back to where we should be as a nation. At the moment, our enemies are laughing at us and we deserve it.

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
Biden as usual screws something up and all the talking heads don't talk about it

Because look over there!!
A shiny orange object!!!
But TRUMPPPPP
lapdogs

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
A steaming pile of excrement.

Pompeo calls out 'deeply dangerous' accusation Trump Pentagon didn't notify WH of Chinese balloons

------------------------------------------------------------
Feb 6,2023
Trump-era Pentagon brass Gens. James Mattis and Mark Milley have yet to disclose whether they knew of past flyovers

After the Biden administration reportedly said they would like to brief former Trump officials of three alleged prior Chinese spycraft flyovers of North America, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed he had never heard of such operations while he was in office and demanded answers.

On "The Story," anchor Martha MacCallum reported Biden officials have disclosed three prior flyovers of Chinese surveillance balloons, with the caveat that they were not discovered until after President Joe Biden took office in 2021.
"I can speak for myself: I certainly never became aware that there was a three-bus-sized floating device coming across our country for five days, either CIA director or secretary of state [and] I've talked to others who are on my teams – They don't know anything about it either," he said.
"This accusation is deeply dangerous that somehow the military hid from its political command and its political authority information that was vital to American security."

MacCallum later noted that while former Trump Defense Secretary Mark Esper also said he was never aware of the three reported flyovers, two relevant officials who have not spoken out are Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley and Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis, Ret., one of Trump's Pentagon chiefs.

Pompeo said neither Milley – who he noted is still in his top military adviser role – nor former Secretary Mattis have spoken out as to whether they knew of the Trump-era Chinese spycraft flyovers.

"I would be shocked if General Mattis knew about it and hadn't shared that with either the CIA director or the secretary of state," he said.

Earlier Monday, House Armed Services Committee member Michael Waltz, R-Fla., echoed calls for Mattis to speak publicly as to whether he had knowledge of the reported flyovers.
------------------------------------------------------------

• Wow
Reactions: schex

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
look at squidliar tripling down

amazing

still misses the point on the genesis of the whole story

your brain is rotted, bud

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Prove it.
I hope it is proved false (I think it will be) and that it is fake news by the current administration in a lame attempt to deflect attention away from their embarrassing failure to protect our airspace.
If it is proven true though, that further reinforces that we have a massive void in leadership if that type of incursion could take place without the President and his staff being notified. If that is the case, those that withheld that information should be shot or at least breaking rocks in the hot sun for life.

Reactions: schex

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I hope it is proved false (I think it will be) and that it is fake news by the current administration in a lame attempt to deflect attention away from their embarrassing failure to protect our airspace.
If it is proven true though, that further reinforces that we have a massive void in leadership if that type of incursion could take place without the President and his staff being notified. If that is the case, those that withheld that information should be shot or at least breaking rocks in the hot sun for life.
They were tracking it the whole time, did you want them shoot it down over land causing possible deaths and damage.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
They were tracking it the whole time, did you want them shoot it down over land causing possible deaths and damage.
The way it should have been dealt with was to shoot it down in US waters on the pacific side. Before instead of after. The previous balloons, they didn’t even know about until after they had cleared out.

“According to U.S. officials, Chinese balloons crossed over the U.S. at least three times during the Trump administration and at least one other time earlier in the Biden administration.

However, the U.S. was not aware of the Chinese incursions at the time, according to Air Force Gen. Glen VanHerck, the head of NORAD and the officer responsible for domestic air threats.”

Not real impressive. Obviously we have a hole in our air defenses.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: npsp

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
and this is just the public-facing narrative

who knows what else is really going on behind the scenes

we could have captured, we could have destroyed, we could have played dumb and allowed them to proceed while also intercepting or blocking the data transmission...

like, seriously, guys...?

I wanted it shot down the moment it was detected near the Aleutians. To let it transverse the entire country is the height of idiocy and an embarrassment.
this demonstrates a total lack of creativity and strategic thought

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky and mundus

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that preventing a violation of your airspace by a hostile power utilizing an aircraft carrying an unknown payload would best be accomplished BEFORE it traversed the country for days overflying population centers, sensitive military installations, etc etc. As opposed to after, on the way out the door? Perhaps low in creativity, but rather high in basic common sense? :unsure:

I have my doubts about whether we knew about the balloon until it hit say maybe Canada? Kind of like the previous 4 that we failed to detect until they were on their way back to China? Tough to have any kind of creativity or strategic reaction to an incursion if you don't detect it until after it's over. So you really can't fault Trump or Biden for their reactions to these incursions if the military can't even get it together to tell them about it until after the incursion is over.

It is interesting that they now know that the balloon had propulsion and a steering system. We'll probably never know all the details. Aeronautics aside, lol.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that preventing a violation of your airspace by a hostile power utilizing an aircraft carrying an unknown payload would best be accomplished BEFORE it traversed the country for days overflying population centers, sensitive military installations, etc etc. As opposed to after, on the way out the door? Perhaps low in creativity, but rather high in basic common sense? :unsure:

I have my doubts about whether we knew about the balloon until it hit say maybe Canada? Kind of like the previous 4 that we failed to detect until they were on their way back to China? Tough to have any kind of creativity or strategic reaction to an incursion if you don't detect it until after it's over. So you really can't fault Trump or Biden for their reactions to these incursions if the military can't even get it together to tell them about it until after the incursion is over.

It is interesting that they now know that the balloon had propulsion and a steering system. We'll probably never know all the details. Aeronautics aside, lol.

BIG BAD SCARY BALLOON!!!

RUN FOR COVER!!

Be very afraid.

Reactions: kidfury

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

.....but Blinken had a meeting scheduled and the Biden family got a sh!t load of millions from China over the years.

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
Here's one of several ways the US can keep close tabs on things while effectively "jamming" any electronic activities from whomever they are watching.
From Whidbey Island or from a carrier they can cover a good expanse of both sea and land.
Major update over the older Prowler EA-6B plus it uses the basic F-18 airframe so parts can be interchanged as required, etc. etc. etc.
Good move, IMHO.

Growler.jpg

Believe me, a fat Seagull can't take a crap offshore up here without it being noted.

Take care.