Suspected Chinese spy balloon found over northern U.S.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Montana has lots of people with deer rifles...

Get after it
Assuming it's like a weather balloon they can reach an altitude as high as 100,000', thats roughly 20 miles up. I know you think that guns are a solution to everything, good luck!

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
10 miles up is space, right?
You're close!:roflmao:

"Earth's atmosphere stretches from the surface of the planet up to as far as 10,000 kilometers (6,214 miles) above. After that, the atmosphere blends into space."

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
Apparently taking out a balloon isn't as easy as it would seem.

Link

• About 25 years ago, a rogue weather balloon wouldn't come down after over 1,000 rounds were fired at it.
  • The balloon entered Icelandic air space and drifted north towards Norway.
  • Balloons, like the suspected Chinese "spy balloon" over the US, don't always pop or explode when shot.
Almost 25 years ago, a large runaway weather balloon proved to be quite challenge a for a pair of fighter jets trying to shoot it down, staying in the air even after more than 1,000 rounds were fired at it.
The research balloon was measuring ozone levels above Canada, the Associated Press reported at the time. It went rogue in August 1998, passing across Canada, over the Atlantic Ocean, and through British airspace before entering Iceland's airspace and then drifting northward.

Two Royal Canadian Air Force CF-18 fighter aircraft spotted the balloon over Newfoundland and fired more than 1,000 rounds at it. The AP reported that the jets, Canadian variants of the American F/A-18 Hornet, hit the balloon, but rather than popping or exploding and crashing to the earth, it slowly began leaking helium. The big balloon was still in the air.

Jewish space laser related?

The Prisoner had its moments.

The Prisoner is a 1967 British television series about an unnamed British intelligence agent who is abducted and imprisoned in a mysterious coastal village, where his captors designate him as Number Six and try to find out why he abruptly resigned from his job.[2] Patrick McGoohan played the lead role as Number Six. The series was created by McGoohan with possible contributions from George Markstein.[3] Episode plots have elements of science fiction, allegory, and psychological drama, as well as spy fiction.[4] It was produced by Everyman Films for distribution by Lew Grade's ITC Entertainment.[4]

A major theme of the series is individualism, as represented by Number Six, versus collectivism, as represented by Number Two and the others in the Village. McGoohan stated that the series aimed to demonstrate a balance between the two points.[11]
Sounds like a challenge to me!
Let's Go Brandon!!!
Not a joke

Pescado713

Nep status
May 2, 2019
“The United States government has detected and is tracking a high-altitude surveillance balloon that is over the continental United States right now,” Pentagon spokesperson Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder told NBC News. “We continue to track and monitor it closely.”

Heard it changed direction after passing over the a**hole of America aka New Jersey, even from 20 miles up it can determine its somewhere that even the Chinese don't want to claim.

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
Just type #__________ on IG and you'll know everything you need to know about that subject without spying with a balloon

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I trip out on how people can exist inside of a body that size.

That guy is carry an extra 50 pounds

I just got a little gut and it's really uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I trip out on how people can exist inside of a body that size.

That guy is carry and extra 50 pounds

I just got a little gut and it's really uncomfortable.
An extra 100 probably

Just think what its like to carry a couple plates or kettlebells and do farmer carries. Or a weight vest. Then imagine that all the time.

Not to mention how poorly clothes fit and feel. That's why they wear basketball shorts

Reactions: casa_mugrienta