Survey: NJ Ranked best state to live in…..

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Is Fudge Kitchen where Gromsdad’s hero Attila the Gym owner hangs after hours? Parking in the rear?

• Love
Reactions: hal9000

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Ah sh!t, now Hal and Groms and all the other Jersey boys ain't never gonna shut up.

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
Just finishing up a 4 year stint in suburban North Jersey. It's totally fine and pleasant enough like any high tax, high service area. Do I wish it were less expensive and had better access to consistent surf and better skiing...yes.

Reactions: hal9000

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Top five states people are LEAVING…

New York
New Jersey
Illinois
California
Connecticut
People move for various reasons, it depends on one's values.

You live in Santa Barbara, one of the most insanely expensive, high tax, high govenrment regulation places anywhere. What keeps people here? It depends on what you value. Money? You could probably make more money elsewhere; certainly other places are more business-friendly and have greater opportunity. Taxes? Lower taxes and government bureaucracy exist just about everywhere else. Surf? Those dreamy point break days exist mostly in the figments of surfers' imaginations. Housing? Brutal unless you're rich. Cost? You could sell your house and buy a mansion in just about any other state.

Or do you value recreational opportunities? Pretty much endless. Weather? It's insanely great here. Quality of life? It's insanely high here. Tough to beat elesewhere.

• Love
Reactions: sizzld1

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The only fix for AC is a fleet of these flattening nearly everything from Ventnor to the inlet. The sad thing is if you go up on the boardwalk and look at the setting it really is unique and could be the best piece of real estate in South Jersey. The views from the boardwalk from Crystals through the inlet are stunning. Its just that the entire town is a crime riddled dump.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The only fix for AC is a fleet of these flattening nearly everything from Ventnor to the inlet. The sad thing is if you go up on the boardwalk and look at the setting it really is unique and could be the best piece of real estate in South Jersey. The views from the boardwalk from Crystals through the inlet are stunning. Its just that the entire town is a crime riddled dump.

My grandmother used to live in Margate when I was a kid, I visited a couple of times. I thought it was nice. She said she never went up to AC, though - this was the '60s and it was really rundown.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
My grandmother used to live in Margate when I was a kid, I visited a couple of times. I thought it was nice. She said she never went up to AC, though - this was the '60s and it was really rundown.
Margate is very nice. Some real good waves there last fall/winter thanks to a dredging project. Fun sand bank while it lasted. This is my preferred view of AC. Through the viewfinder of my camera from 10 miles away.

47262811-10210060440466350-4900181140658192384-o.jpg

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
Margate's been my go to surf zone for most of my life. Parent's live down there at least 50% of the time now and one grew up down there. Surfs typically not as good as the Jetties up in AC or OC but it's wide open with goods sand bars and less restrictions/crowds in the summer. Got my first proper in and out barrel south side of the pier in front of the rocks that are buried under crap tons of sand now.