Surfskate n Show

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
That’s why I could see him moving there to do the same turns over and over.

I was amazed at how cheap everything was in Texas from eating out to groceries to gas.

For example, three of us went out to eat at a casual order at the counter they bring your food out place. 3 entrees, 3 tap local beers and 2 apps. $64 total. That would have been $100 in Hawaii minimum.
Probably tasted better too immediately after surfing 100 waves

Reactions: racer1

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
i really wonder if folks actually lust after the tank or if it’s more like skiing resorts.

bag a couple good weekends and you’re well fed and out of mind for another 365.

given the price it seems to be in line with that model. anyone I know who had heavy local access to resorts, ended up in the backcountry.

Reactions: ReForest

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
i really wonder if folks actually lust after the tank or if it’s more like skiing resorts.

bag a couple good weekends and you’re well fed and out of mind for another 365.

given the price it seems to be in line with that model. anyone I know who had heavy local access to resorts, ended up in the backcountry.
The novelty would wear off, but the wave is actually good and steep. You could ride your 90s thruster.

Reactions: Havoc and sdsrfr

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The people having the most fun in the pool were older guys who rip (50-60+) in groups of 3-4 and then the dads with teenage / adult aged kids sharing waves. One dad with his college aged son and daughter looked the most happy. Probably reliving the days dad had all the surfing answers and the kids were 10-12 and they’d all Dawn patrol every weekend.

The weird ones were the guys who show up and surf solo.

Lots of girlfriends / wives shooting photos too, which my wife would NEVER. I wouldn’t want her to any way.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
The people having the most fun in the pool were older guys who rip (50-60+) in groups of 3-4 and then the dads with teenage / adult aged kids sharing waves. One dad with his college aged son and daughter looked the most happy. Probably reliving the days dad had all the surfing answers and the kids were 10-12 and they’d all Dawn patrol every weekend.

The weird ones were the guys who show up and surf solo.

Lots of girlfriends / wives shooting photos too, which my wife would NEVER. I wouldn’t want her to any way.
Dang! The wierd ones were the solo ones! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That would be me if i went there!

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Dang! The wierd ones were the solo ones! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That would be me if i went there!
I didn’t mean they were weird, I meant it seemed weird to show up and surf by yourself if you didn’t live locally. Wouldn’t the fun part be cheering your buddy on or recapping over a beer after?

There’s a Facebook group of local surfers who buy/sell sessions if they can’t make it (you have to book months in advance for groups).

Last edited:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The sessions that are resold in the Fb group are booked months in advanced. You can book last minute if you’re solo, there’s openings. With a group though you’d need to look a month ahead.

Last edited:

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
I didn’t mean they were weird, I meant it seemed weird to show up and surf by yourself if you didn’t live locally. Wouldn’t the fun part be cheering your buddy on or recapping over a beer after?

There’s a Facebook group of local surfers who buy/sell sessions if they can’t make it (you have to book months in advance for groups).
Rude of you to assume we have buddies

:monkey: