SurFinZ fin boxes

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Anyone familiar with these fin boxes? Look close to fcs fusion, but have both screws on same side. Can I just use the standard 2-tabs in there and force the screw on the other side of the tab?
@griffinsurfboard @retodd anyone?
6D924CFD-489B-4ABE-AFA1-33682D22AD13.jpeg

Last edited:

surfride1977

OTF status
Nov 20, 2005
Anyone familiar with these fin boxes? Look close to fcs fusion, but have both screws on same side. Can I just use the standard 2-tabs in there and force the screw on the other side of the tab?
@griffinsurfboard @retodd anyone?
View attachment 107340
I've got a Bulkley custom with those fin boxes. The original FCS(1?) fins fit perfectly, and you can adjust a little bit front/back, maybe 1/8th of an inch. I've had the board for almost a decade now, and no problems at all with the boxes.. My 2 cents.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
FCS fins fit fine.

I have a board with I think an earlier version of those boxes which can also accommodate Futures and Lokbox, pretty sure. Boxes seem totally secure. I got the board 10 years ago and used it a LOT for many years and it's holding up very well. And yeah they were designed with the ability to adjust in mind, I recall being told.

Reactions: oeste858

RTP

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 10, 2010
FCS fins fit fine.

I have a board with I think an earlier version of those boxes which can also accommodate Futures and Lokbox, pretty sure. Boxes seem totally secure. I got the board 10 years ago and used it a LOT for many years and it's holding up very well. And yeah they were designed with the ability to adjust in mind, I recall being told.
You got a picture of this? sounds neat

RTP

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 10, 2010
NM, They are the same as yours. It's been years since I took the fins out apparently. Neat idea though, eh? Sorry if I caused any excitement.
So much excitement. Haha, I'm partial to Lokbox myself. But these ones look good if FCS Fusions ever run out.

tom@daumtooling

Michael Peterson status
Jan 10, 2002
San Clemente
Visit site
If you need replacement boxes or fins we have a small stock remaining. Surfinz is an Aussie owned company that produced them in China. They started to make in roads in the US market. But, weren't willing to spend the marketing dollars that FCS and Future's did. So, they never really took hold.