Surfing the sky

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
I know this is a surfing forum but I thought some of you might appreciate this. And flying is just another version of cruising through a fluid...air. One of the coolest things about flying is you learn to 'see' the wind, and it acts just like water as it blows over terrain. So this is a blog from a guy who unfortunately died while trying to take a photo of a whale carcass on a beach in Alaska. He was circling too close to the ground and stalled his Super Cub and 'augered in'. His family has left his blog online because his photos are really amazing.
Shaun Lunt blog

Reactions: Aruka

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
there was a guy on that show Mountain Men that would put his plane down in to
a short patch of sand by the river and set up camp for the winter, trapping marten

that always looked bonkers....instant takeoff/landing

my friend is flying gliders now and wants me to go up. he said the exact same thing
you did about wind/waves.

he wants to buy some little plane that has really tight takeoff/landing ability so he
can leapfrog up and down the sierra

small planes scare the sh!t out of me.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I wanted to do gliders but I got my head in the clouds too much. And I don't have a ship shaper temperament, which you need.

I would die.

But gliding does look fun

I prefer to do my flying on the ground. I don't care if it's wrong.

NEIL YOUNG wrote this song because a girl friend got mad at him for smoking pot.

What a bitch.

I wonder if she was hot?