Surfing, Surfer, Tracks Magazines - anyone have?

austard

Michael Peterson status
Nov 12, 2009
State of Grace
I dunno, need to find them. I know I have Waves no 5 or 7

Can't find surfin life.

Found Waves number 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 50, 200

and the complete collection of the Adventures of Gonad Man.

I suppose I could send you 1 tracks if I knew an address to send it to.

Last edited:

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
The best of 'em all was Surfguide. The interviews were uncensored, full of minor criminal acts, smoking mota, Dora on his usual warpath, the HB crew etc. Went bankrupt after a The Surfer lawsuit. Funny thing, the plaintiff Bill Cleary became the SURFER editor. I would love to hear the inside story.

I still have about 90% of all the USA surf mags ever published. (except Surfer's Journal) All in poor condition. I am saving them for when I no longer surf, and looking toward my exit, for some nostalgia.

I have thought about loaning a few out to some regular posters, (with a cash deposit). But, ya know "No good deed goes unpunished", I still have not learned my lesson. PM me, I am in North OC.\

Casa Why do you want them? A complete collection I assume. If you just want to read them at home and then return them, PM me.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I have thought about loaning a few out to some regular posters, (with a cash deposit). But, ya know "No good deed goes unpunished", I still have not learned my lesson. PM me, I am

Casa Why do you want them? A complete collection I assume. If you just want to read them at home and then return them, PM me.

• Haha
Reactions: QuadFin

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The best of 'em all was Surfguide. The interviews were uncensored, full of minor criminal acts, smoking mota, Dora on his usual warpath, the HB crew etc. Went bankrupt after a The Surfer lawsuit. Funny thing, the plaintiff Bill Cleary became the SURFER editor. I would love to hear the inside story.

I still have about 90% of all the USA surf mags ever published. (except Surfer's Journal) All in poor condition. I am saving them for when I no longer surf, and looking toward my exit, for some nostalgia.

I have thought about loaning a few out to some regular posters, (with a cash deposit). But, ya know "No good deed goes unpunished", I still have not learned my lesson. PM me, I am in North OC.\

Not so much a collector, just like to have them on hand.

I love magazines/print publication.

I always have, for whatever reason.

The thought, effort, and creativity put in print is something for the most part no longer in existence in the digital era.

You look at website for a few seconds, but you studied a surf magazine over and over and some of those images are still etched in your brain.

So old magazines of various sorts allow me to get my nostalgic fix.

There is something about this old photo of Rabbit pulling in...
FD2FA9ED-9462-4FA2-AC84-85F52913D18A.jpeg
And this cover...timeless! A precursor to the Billabong slogan, but so much better.A9E1E9A8-A704-4A53-A460-A606E598F554.jpeg

Reactions: GromsDad

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Not so much a collector, just like to have them on hand.

I love magazines/print publication.

I always have, for whatever reason.

The thought, effort, and creativity put in print is something for the most part no longer in existence in the digital era.

You look at website for a few seconds, but you studied a surf magazine over and over and some of those images are still etched in your brain.

So old magazines of various sorts allow me to get my nostalgic fix.

There is something about this old photo of Rabbit pulling in...
View attachment 116865
And this cover...timeless! A precursor to the Billabong slogan, but so much better.View attachment 116866
I feel the same way

All the magazines I loved in the past, Surfer, Surfing, Hot Rod, Car Craft, etc just aren't the same in the internet age

Kaido

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 22, 2002
Hawaii
Have those er and ing and some ASLs and others. Just not sure I would like to part with em. Ebay might be a good look?