Surfing After or During a Rain

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
If the waves are absolutely pumping after a 1st rain of the season, right near a filthy jetty, and the water is poo color, would you still go?

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
other people shouldn't (I do. I also only recently got a bicycle helmet after the second time getting hit by a car in as many years so I'm not the person to ask about reasonable risk taking maybe)

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Any small cut, abrasion, mosquito bite "could lead" to a few nasaties.

My case involving Leptospirosis, for nearly two weeks of high fever, diarrhea & puking. T'was a great way to loose weight. Living in the bathtub, was fun puking n' poop'in. Lots of showers. Hospital run, misdiagnosed and given the wrong prescription. 2nd time, sent to an Infectious Decease doctor. By the notes I kept, (in taking the wrong prescribed medication 3 times a day) he checked over my body, asked what & where did I get the cut / abrasion on my foot. You surf, he asked. Cut from the beach? Yeah ... Dirty water, brown? Yeah, kind of .... He smiled, changed my prescription, told me what He thought it was and "check back with me in 48". Crazy how just changing a prescription can make a huge difference in one's body functions and mental adaptability back to normalcy.
1st scrip - 800 mg Amoxicillin
2nd scrip - 100 mg Doxycillin

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I only got sick one time... Had the shits and stomach pain for 1 or 2 days. The wife was upset.

It was worth it though. hehe.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
If the waves are absolutely pumping after a 1st rain of the season, right near a filthy jetty, and the water is poo color, would you still go?
Some places, yes. Some places, no.

Is the poo color from mud/silt/dirt or from poo?

Reactions: flyinraptr

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I got sick many times in my youth. Both sinuses and stomach issues.

But I since learned that immediately draining your sinuses (by any means necessary) and having a few shots of Jack Daniels or a pitcher of beer, while hydrating of course, will kick the crap out of whatever bacteria you ingested. There's a reason they swab your arm with alcohol before giving you a shot. So why not help your innards in a similar manner? :beer:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Timmy turner, the HB guy that did some amazing feral indo trips and made films, had a pretty scary staph infection I think from the water in HB. They had to remove like half his skull

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I got sick many times in my youth. Both sinuses and stomach issues.

But I since learned that immediately draining your sinuses (by any means necessary) and having a few shots of Jack Daniels or a pitcher of beer, while hydrating of course, will kick the crap out of whatever bacteria you ingested. There's a reason they swab your arm with alcohol before giving you a shot. So why not help your innards in a similar manner? :beer:
Still have bad toe nails from surfing Santa Clara during my youth.

• Love
Reactions: Northern_Shores