Surfer's youd like to see on WCT

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Good combo of turns and airs, didn't want to just list Matt Meola and Chippa etc.
I'm thinking of guys who could cut it on tour and are well rounded.
Side note That Michael Rodriguez kid who beat up that Xanadu rider surfs fucking good.

Also does anyone think JW has a chance still? His window seems to be closing.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I’d have killed to see prime Rasta on tour/him compete longer. You know there are a lot of pros who are very glad that it never happened. He had the fire to do it too.

“After a stellar junior career, in surfing and surf life saving, including a world junior title, Dave made a decision in his late teens that competition was not for him. He’d won numerous state and national junior life saving titles in ironman and paddling events, a swag of junior boardriding titles. And in his first few outings as a wildcard in the top level World Championship Tour he’d shown enough form to virtually guarantee a long and lucrative competitive career. He very nearly defeated world champion Kelly Slater in his first appearance as a teenage wildcard, at his homebreak of Burleigh Heads. He managed a credible fifth at the Billabong Pro in Mundaka, Spain, against the world’s top rated pro surfers. He sparred successfully with the highly touted “Coolangatta Kids,” Mick Fanning, Joel Parkinson and Dean Morrison, on the Australian pro junior series. The pro surfing world was his oyster.”

Last edited:

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Why spend a bunch of money to get on the CT only to get crushed by Medina and Italo? Mikey February was on tour for a year and got smoked. Matt Banting too. The CT has maybe five relevant competitors, the rest is just there to fill the sheet.

Last edited:

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
if the male longboarders had to ride hp shortboards vs the female wsl top 10, who would win?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I’d have killed to see prime Rasta on tour/him compete longer. You know there are a lot of pros who are very glad that it never happened. He had the fire to do it too.

“After a stellar junior career, in surfing and surf life saving, including a world junior title, Dave made a decision in his late teens that competition was not for him. He’d won numerous state and national junior life saving titles in ironman and paddling events, a swag of junior boardriding titles. And in his first few outings as a wildcard in the top level World Championship Tour he’d shown enough form to virtually guarantee a long and lucrative competitive career. He very nearly defeated world champion Kelly Slater in his first appearance as a teenage wildcard, at his homebreak of Burleigh Heads. He managed a credible fifth at the Billabong Pro in Mundaka, Spain, against the world’s top rated pro surfers. He sparred successfully with the highly touted “Coolangatta Kids,” Mick Fanning, Joel Parkinson and Dean Morrison, on the Australian pro junior series. The pro surfing world was his oyster.”
I've seen lots of pros on the North Shore. The two that stand out most to me are Rasta and Dane. I just can't explain Rasta.
Both of them look so different to everybody else. In my opinion.