Surfers from West Oz + San Diego missing in Mexico...

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Just saw this on ABC news, the national show. This is getting major attention and in the preview clip, they said arrests have been in connection with their disappearance.

1714696712991.png

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
How is Campo Rd. all the way back to Jamul / Spring Valley though!?
Curvy but easy. Right down 94 to Otay Lakes Road and I'm home. Took 45 mins. Went down there thru San Ysidro. Road construction has it fucked up. 50 minutes from Guadalupe to Tecate crossing. So easy. Good road.

Reactions: npsp and toPBk

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Google translate

During a police operation on the night of Wednesday, May 1, elements of the State Attorney General's Office (FGE) arrested three individuals involved in the disappearance of three surfers of American and Australian nationality.

The detainees are: Jesús Gerardo Garica Cota, alias El Kekas, his partner Ari Gisel García Cota, and to whom they found the cell phone of one of the disappeared; as well as Cristian Alejandro García, brother of Kekas. All three were in possession of different drugs at the time of arrest.

It was on Saturday, April 27, when relatives of the foreigners stopped having contact with Jake Robinson, 30 years old, Callum Robinson (brothers), 33 years old, and Carter Rhoad, 30, who were last seen on Sunday the 28th in the area of La Bocana, and they also stopped having contact with the person who rented them an AIRBNB house in Rosarito.

These were wanted in the coastal area of Ensenada, in the vicinity of La Bocana de Santo Tomás, in the area known as San Juan de las Pulgas and Punta San José, 150 kilometers south of the city of Ensenada, bordering the coast, with support from elements of the FGE. Relatives of the missing were in the same area as part of the search team, with drones and GPS.

During the tour in La Bocana, Puerto Santo Tomás, the officers found the foreigners' camping house, where there was blood and dental parts.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Heavy. After a couple sketchy encounters on the west coast of N baja I pretty much avoid that zone altogether now.

Reactions: tenover

JJJJS

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 2, 2017
What kind of spot is at Punta San Jose? It looks strange on Google maps

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
Won’t set foot in lawless countries anymore, especially not for leisure. Had too many close calls.

expotatonator

OTF status
Feb 5, 2024
Won’t set foot in lawless countries anymore, especially not for leisure. Had too many close calls.
once in a barren area of a lawless country...the police stopped me.
he wanted $3 for gas for his cruiser.
i gave it to him...:cheers:

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
Yeah - I loved to surf Northern Baja - caught so many good winter swells down there - Lobsters on the grill - cold beers all around - K38's - Kalafia cliffs - pink palace - San Miguel Point breaks just like trestles (same cobblestone right) only less people but really aggro locals - I always just stayed myself and never had any problems - I have not been down there in the last few years - Drove to scorpion bay 2 years ago and had no problems - hate to hear this sh!t because that is a special coastline - Yes it could have happened anywhere - and I'm sure who ever did this is in some cement basement getting beaten by the cartels. Yeah travel to lawlessness countries gets less appealing the older you get. If I get robbed no problem - take my money - take my car - leave me my passport - thats the way it use to be done. - The level of violence and seemingly groups that don't just want to rob you but want to torture and kill you - is next level sh!t.