Surf Journalism Deceased?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Agreed...those alcoholics and coke addicts become so boring and bland when they quit.
I thought they mostly end up becoming chain smokers after their AA and NA classes, and write long sober-anniversary posts on their social media soapboxes that nobody truly gaf about but give them "likes" for support?

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
I thought they mostly end up becoming chain smokers after their AA and NA classes, and write long sober-anniversary posts on their social media soapboxes that nobody truly gaf about but give them "likes" for support?
Come on...nearly every "like" is so the other person "likes" your post back. Not for support.

Reactions: ElOgro

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
That Vans North Shore show isn't that bad, but it isn't very good or interesting. The paint fumes in there must be amazing. Also three different accents are a biiiit much on the sound retention in my brain. Feels like I'm on a 5 second delay when they are all talking to each other.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What was it before?
"A men's interest magazine with a focus on high performance surfing" was their motto, somewhat jokingly.

Good surf articles with good writing, good WCT coverage, funny interviews (actually funny, not like when STAB tries to be funny now), photoshoots with women showing off the goods, a bit of fashion, a little bit of advertorial.