Research!

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yEmtz4ZVMM[/video]

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEOZe1OyV44[/video]

mrstaggerlee

Phil Edwards status
Jan 6, 2009
Autoprax said:
they are 12 grand.

I was going to buy one if they were 3 grand.

-25% Jew out!
I was thinking around 1,500 might get me to bite!

500 for the motor
500 for the foil
500 for the board

yup 1500!

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Mr_Stagger_Lee said:
Autoprax said:
they are 12 grand.

I was going to buy one if they were 3 grand.

-25% Jew out!
I was thinking around 1,500 might get me to bite!

500 for the motor
500 for the foil
500 for the board

yup 1500!
You forgot the batteries. I bet a lot of the money is in the battery technology.

Figure out how to attach a trolling motor to a foil mast, hollow out the deck of an SUP and shove a bunch of lithium ion batteries in there.

For further research check out Alta Motors. All electric, fully legit motocross bike. About 3 grand more than the electric foil board. :eek:

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Yesterday I pulled the trigger, I'm all in. Ordered the board from DK, once it's done in a couple weeks, I'm getting the foil. I've been slowly selling off boards to help pay for the purchases and am ready.

Another clip from a couple days ago.
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inUkRtNnjT4[/video]

On a side note....yesterday Maui got it's first swell since April or May :banghead: Driving over to Lahaina to surf the harbor, I pass my foil buddies out surfing a reef all to themselves. just the 4 of them splitting peaks and having a blast. Not really a "surfboard" wave, big open walls, super slopey, perfect foil wave. I got to surf the harbor, crowded, and everyone frothing from the long dry spell. Not my type session/crowd.

On the way home I called Dave to order the foilboard. This is going to be the best way to get away from the crowds, back to surfing alone with just a couple friends... :wave2:

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Autoprax said:
That what I think.

For a while.

Then that empty reef will be filled with foilers.

But you just keep moving.
I'd say I have at least another year or 2 before the foil replaces the SUP here, which is fine.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Harbor's for locals. People from the other side have to surf Breakwall. Have you foiled the little A-frame along Guardrails about halfway between Launiupoko and Puamana? Sometimes I SUP it and I've seen guys foiling it this year but maybe just cuz it's close to town and the breaks you like out by Ukumehame are better.

mrstaggerlee

Phil Edwards status
Jan 6, 2009
Kaser1 said:
Yesterday I pulled the trigger, I'm all in. Ordered the board from DK, once it's done in a couple weeks, I'm getting the foil. I've been slowly selling off boards to help pay for the purchases and am ready.

Another clip from a couple days ago.
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inUkRtNnjT4[/video]

On a side note....yesterday Maui got it's first swell since April or May :banghead: Driving over to Lahaina to surf the harbor, I pass my foil buddies out surfing a reef all to themselves. just the 4 of them splitting peaks and having a blast. Not really a "surfboard" wave, big open walls, super slopey, perfect foil wave. I got to surf the harbor, crowded, and everyone frothing from the long dry spell. Not my type session/crowd.

On the way home I called Dave to order the foilboard. This is going to be the best way to get away from the crowds, back to surfing alone with just a couple friends... :wave2:
I gotta say that is a nice looking setup in your vid! I would like to ride that thing someplace with that super clear water like the Caribbean with some white sandy bottom and beaches!

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
LelandCuz said:
Harbor's for locals. People from the other side have to surf Breakwall. Have you foiled the little A-frame along Guardrails about halfway between Launiupoko and Puamana? Sometimes I SUP it and I've seen guys foiling it this year but maybe just cuz it's close to town and the breaks you like out by Ukumehame are better.
Hmmmm, strange. I surf harbor all the time..didn't know it was "for locals".

Yes, foiled guardrails, that's where I learned. Fun wave but short. The foil out around 1k peaks so much more fun with the longer rides. Looking forward to P1 and Kanaha sessions this winter, DK was clocking 2 minute rides last winter, I want some of those. :socrazy: