Surf Equipment Failure Thread

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
hey...since we're talkign about wax and suits....can someone PLEASE bring back killer bees? and sh!t...let's get victory to make some newer style suits again!
Victory's Koredry rashies are pretty great for when you need a little warmth but a neoprene jacket is too much. I was getting a hook-up with them back in the late 80's and for my first custom suit, I copied the one Kevin Billy was wearing (yellow smoothie and all) in this shot at Gravels. I had the poster on my wall for years as a kid. Such a cool group of people working there, it was always fun heading down there from Hermosa.

Attachments

Reactions: Havoc

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
^ weird, I have one of those leashes and haven't had any issues. I'm not sure the "speed pockets" do anything though.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Victory's Koredry rashies are pretty great for when you need a little warmth but a neoprene jacket is too much. I was getting a hook-up with them back in the late 80's and for my first custom suit, I copied the one Kevin Billy was wearing (yellow smoothie and all) in this shot at Gravels. I had the poster on my wall for years as a kid. Such a cool group of people working there, it was always fun heading down there from Hermosa.
That gap between trunking it and wearing 0.5mm rash guard needs to be filled!

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
That gap between trunking it and wearing 0.5mm rash guard needs to be filled!
The Victory shirts are more than 40% less than a 0.5mm long sleeve top from most big brands. They're a decent option for extended sessions where you need to keep the sun away and get a little insulation against some wind chill.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
You guys in AUZ are getting some good swell right now, eh?
Hot and miss for my stretch - swell direction's acutely South, so it only glances us on the "very East" side of the coast. Will go on the hunt this weekend as there's a few exposed spots that will pick up more.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
man....i wore nothign but sh!tty used 80s suits THROUGHOUT the 90s...and it seems like we're in some kinda of weird twilight zone episode. no neck rash? no pit rash? no ball or thigh rash? can't even remember the last time a wetsuit tore me up. is this real?
Remember when you had to own a 'rash shirt' because the suits were so bad!

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Hot and miss for my stretch - swell direction's acutely South, so it only glances us on the "very East" side of the coast. Will go on the hunt this weekend as there's a few exposed spots that will pick up more.
Some bad ass swell hitting down in the Illawarra - some spots the biggest since that 2016 swell.

Reactions: waxfoot

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
I thought Kelly was an FU devotee? I'm on the lookout for some new wax right now. My green boxed (cool to mid warm) Sex Wax Quick Humps is starting to slime over now that the water in south LA is around 70º. It's rated up to 74º, but it's definitely not up to that temperature rating in my opinion. I've tried going up to the orange box (mid cool to warm), but it doesn't have enough tack for my liking.
Only quoting Gaz, the owner, who said Kelly has been on it since 2014 - maybe when he's just in Oz?