sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Reactions: rowjimmytour

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
where you surfing and what water temps. I seriously doubt this wax works between 46F and 84F (8C-30C) as claimed without always being a sticky mess as mentioned above.

also, $5 a bar, it’s surely priced as glam wax. I can re-wax 3x/year with OG sticky bumps for the same price.
Surfed from Victoria - 10c to Northern NSW 23c. Works fine - not a sticky mess - just wax that keeps my feet on the board. $5 is the standard price in Australia.

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
where you surfing and what water temps. I seriously doubt this wax works between 46F and 84F (8C-30C) as claimed without always being a sticky mess as mentioned above.

also, $5 a bar, it’s surely priced as glam wax. I can re-wax 3x/year with OG sticky bumps for the same price.
wax in Australia is normally $5 way too pricey compared to price in California

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Fu-wax is the bomb and super sticky. Once you have a little base on the board, you only need a little bit of fu... too much wax can weigh the board down as well. Fu-wax is $5 bucks a bar and well worth it. Espcially in the winter when most waxes arent even that sticky and you run the risk of your foot sliding off.

Reactions: ChaseTMP and Bman76

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Surfed from Victoria - 10c to Northern NSW 23c. Works fine - not a sticky mess - just wax that keeps my feet on the board. $5 is the standard price in Australia.
Ha, holy sh!t. Flight centre gave wax out some time ago and I grabbed a bunch... because the birds handing it out was smoking, and I'm a scrounger that loves anything free.
It was some of the best wax I ever used, and just saw it's just froth wax self-branded

Will put an order in!

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
am i the only one (s0cal) who rarely uses anythign but basecoat, save a few weeks of the coldest we get in winter? always dug the extreme griptape perma pad rough quality of basecoat. other sutff sticky smoothes out too fast, wipes off or fades too qucik yadda yadda.

that...and also...seems that the more i try different brands, the more i appreciate sticky bumps

May 10, 2018
Peak wetsuits still exist?

I had one in 1986 that has white neoprene for the underarm gussets (which extended all the way to the knee). The rubber just simply...dissolved during the first surf (at Jalama in January). Took it back to Surf & Wear and got it replaced. The new suit had neon fucking green gussets. Let’s put it this way, neon wetsuits in the 80s in SB/Ventura area weren’t exactly looked at with kindness.

I lied and told people I was sponsored and they made me wear it.

Luckily that suit only lasted a couple months.
Yep, they look to be owned by Rip Curl now here in Oz.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Shouldn't you be out there snapping some boards right now?
I was in Sydney over the weekend after hanging for the previous week at Berringer lake near Conjola and scooted Nth to home on Tues-Wed only to arrive and find out the swell is under delivering (as usual) here.
Too old and kooky for that nonsense, but i have found a few uncrowded spots that rarely break.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Ha, holy sh!t. Flight centre gave wax out some time ago and I grabbed a bunch... because the birds handing it out was smoking, and I'm a scrounger that loves anything free.
It was some of the best wax I ever used, and just saw it's just froth wax self-branded

Will put an order in!
Yep, i reckon it's great stuff, up there with FU. And it's Kelly's choice of wax too apparently. Good enough for the GOAT - good enough for this kook.

Reactions: waxfoot and ANIMA

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Patagonia wetsuit top, longsleeve 2mm I think, gave me a c-section scar on my lower neck from so much rash
How long ago? My new 2mm short sleeve full front zip patgucci is pretty slick no rash so far only problem is right zip instead of normal left. After a few surfs no problems.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Like the Bubble Gum Gu better than Fu. Just put a little as top coat and it works great. Use the tropical until it gets pretty cold. The colder version is too sicky for anything but winter.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Yep, i reckon it's great stuff, up there with FU. And it's Kelly's choice of wax too apparently. Good enough for the GOAT - good enough for this kook.
I thought Kelly was an FU devotee? I'm on the lookout for some new wax right now. My green boxed (cool to mid warm) Sex Wax Quick Humps is starting to slime over now that the water in south LA is around 70º. It's rated up to 74º, but it's definitely not up to that temperature rating in my opinion. I've tried going up to the orange box (mid cool to warm), but it doesn't have enough tack for my liking.

Reactions: Bman76