Surf Contest Equipment Trailer and the Complete Event Setup Was Stolen in Oceanside

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Maybe my infographics are my ticket out of the O'side ghetto?

My free ride to good drugs and pretty girls at the bar?

You never know.
“Careers have been made on less.”
Ray Wylie Hubbard

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
I’m glad the WSA surf contest equipment trailer and the complete event setup was stolen in Oceanside.
F*CK that SHEEE~IT!!!
by thee way, i'm ol' school W.S.A.,
from back when 'Hoppy' Swartz, seen below, was still alive, etc, etc, etc:

Hoppy, surfin' San Pedro, 1940's, yow~za!!!

by thee way,
heya lil' boyz,
any of ya wanna buy my ol' W.S.A. All~Star jacket, hmmm?
it is for sale, wright now, {BUT, But, but, not by me}, hahahahaha!
RW ~ WSA-01.JPG

this thread is sad, in soooo many wayz, in my ol' opinion!
oh well, h8erz gotta hate, wright?
hahaha!
:p

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
There needs to be more of this kind of vigilante justice. Entitled contest organizers and public school surf coaches need to take up tennis.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^
hmmm...

entitled?
to what?
to meeting up with government officials, of getting a permit/insurance, running a tournament where~as pepz,
from thee surrounding commnity, or esh, even the rest of a state, may have fun, battlin' it out, in competition, of surf???

have you never watched, in B+W, the surf movie: "Ride The Wild Surf"?
do you, mister Ranga, not have a competitive bone, in your body?
or are ya just not good enough, to challenge others,
in thee space of 20 minutes or so, for a win,
doin'' what ya dig doin', just ridin' waves?
hmmm...
:waving:

ps ~ edit add-in:
there is a rock, on thee shore~line of Waimea Bay,
seen around 3:03 of that clip, linked above,
that i have gotten tubed at, hehehe!

how does a dude get tubed at a rock, at Waimea, in the darkness?
easy! ya get ya a flashlight, toss it inta a plastic zip~loggie bag, duck on thee side of the back of that rock
as 20'/'30' surf goes nutz-so out~side The Point at night, and then, when that white~water hitz that rock,
well, it splashes kinda gnar~gnar, even throwin' up a barrel, over ya, if ya gotz skill,
you'll get ya some tunnel~vision, hahaha...
:applause2:

Last edited:
Reactions: TeamScam

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
MODS!

Can we please ban @Autoprax - they have teased an infographic for days - yet nothing!

Bohter was banned for mentioning that he had done his share of gazing at oil rigs, islands and coastlines N and S. and used to think a kind of view indicated the earth's surface curvature......but then started researching these kinds of observations due to comments made in the water regarding seeing things we should not see...because they should be below the horizon. He quickly discovered that we cannot detect surface curvature anywhere. All long distance observations are "as flat". Here's a photo study showing the magnitude of the problem...the horizon is essentially in the wrong place...

And yet @Autoprax can keep going on and on with this infographic madness, about how hard they are. C'mon!

1638492861524.png

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
Boher was banned? I just assumed he left because with all the billionaire spacemen going up there, the conspiracy theory couldn't stand.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
No, look at their instagram to see the (lack of) equipment set up on the beach.

A few tents and tables.

Bob Dob made it sound like they have a bunch of expensive equipment stowed in that thing. From the photos it sure doesn't seem that way.
If its like my local HS Surf organization its not uncommon for boards, particularly longboards to be stored in the trailer so the kids can retrieve them for practice and events after school.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
The entitled comments come from thinking you and your contest ilk have more rights to the waves than others because you PAID for a permit.

Goes against everything I love about surfing and I hate it. Lot of hardcore surfers who dgaf about contests. Why shouldnt they be able to surf their homebreak?

because chadwick and landon need to get sponsored? gtfo with that nonsense

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
It is interesting how people here interpret finding humor in something as concern, worry, or anger.

Is there a word or psychological explanation for this?

Maybe you're just not funny?

A small time, community based organization losing equipment might not be the best punching bag for your attempts at schadenfreude.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
The entitled comments come from thinking you and your contest ilk have more rights to the waves than others because you PAID for a permit.
Goes against everything I love about surfing and I hate it. Lot of hardcore surfers who dgaf about contests. Why shouldnt they be able to surf their homebreak?
because chadwick and landon need to get sponsored? gtfo with that nonsense
ah, this is where i dis~gress, ok?
for ya see, if ya pay your lil' comp fee, to those whom, with Government approval,
have specific use~age of a certain beach, for a limited time, with restriction, well you too, still
have usage of Thee section of Beach, that ya might call 'it', what, your local, ok?

so now, get this, ya getta surf,
BUT with only 1 or 3 or 5 others out,
just like i done did so, many yearz ago!
{i 'retired', so to say, in Sept' '89, though i still had Top 16 PSAA seedin', hahaha},

can't ya just imagine, surfin' Steamer Lane, with only a few dudes out there?
Or Pismo Pier, or 3rd Pt. Malibu, Huntington Pier, or Salt Creek, + esh, Lower Trestles, even???

if ya advance,
ya getta go out there again,
so more waves to rip, with only a few others, out there!

AND, And and, dig this, ok?
allll thee loc' shredders, well they ain't at your home break any~more,
for they too, they wanna battle, against thee best, + so, ya know, now the average Barney or Betty,
err, ah 'local' surfer, well he/she getz more waves at their local spot than is usual,
because Fred or Wilma, both shredderz, are out on thee road, competin'!
Go + fight 'em, ya ripperz!!!
hahahahaha...

l8erz, randy

Last edited:
Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
ah, this is where i dis~gress, ok?
for ya see, if ya pay your lil' comp fee, to those whom,
with Government approval, you too, now have usage of Thee section of Beach,
that ya might call 'it', what, your local, ok?

so now, ya getta surf it,
BUT with only 1 or 3 or 5 others out,
just like i done so did, many yearz ago!

can't ya just imagine, surfin' Steamer Lane, with only a few dudes out there?
Or Pismo Pier, or 3rd Pt. Malibu, or Salk Creek, + esh, Lower Trestles, even???

advance,
ya getta go out there agin,
more waves to rip, with only a few others, out there!

AND, And and, dig this, ok?
allll thee loc' shredders, well they ain't at your home break any~more,
for they too, they wanna battle, thee best,
hahahahaha...

l8erz, randy
right because they let 40+ dudes enter groms comps, school events or any of the other 100 contest for groms a year.

Again IDGAF about competing. I dont surf for others validation and praise. Yes I have done contests and scored empty surf . The trade off is not worth it TO ME!

I get it a bunch of you love contests, I dont its not my thing.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^
heya 'SantaCruzin''
what's up!

i ain't worn a comp jersey since Christian + Richie Rudolf beat me, in September of 1989,
before quarter~finalz, with Fletcher then afterwards, winnin' it allll, $20,000. {+++} @ Lowers!
but for sure, it suuuure was fun to surf Lowerz,
with only 3 other dudes out there...

f**k,
i wish i woulda advance outta that last heat, i coulda rode some more waves, earnt me a larger {$$$} paycheck,
than that $800.00 i got, for it woulda helped me pay off my girlfriendz 'Passett' that i bought for her,
much faster, hahaha!

i can dig both argue~ments of + againgst competition.
BUT, that said, i am kinda ooool' school, + as i grew up b4 tv'z had remote control, well ah, here ya go, ok?
it is, what it wuz, or maybe, still is, cool?
randy
:)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: santacruzin

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
?

Entitled? What tha Fock are you talking about. Dedicated is the correct word.
Here, the contest and pseudo-charity assholes lay claim to the best (and often only) wave for 50 miles in either direction. The contests are pointless, low-to-no-stakes affairs heavily endorsed by adult learner dads and/or divorced SaltLife soccer moms as a means to propel junior and his/her D grade pro level skills into one of the 32 slots at The Big Show. It keeps me from surfing sometimes, so aside from their inherent gheyness, contests and their definitively exclusionary nature are a bane for Recreational Bros like me.

In other places with more spots it may be less of an issue. But I bet if you're a Recreational Local Bro at Pipe, Sunset, Trestles, Seaside, etc etc then you may agree that more trailers need to be stolen.