Surf Contest Equipment Trailer and the Complete Event Setup Was Stolen in Oceanside

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Please help SSS replace their stolen equipment and trailer, Go Fund Me link posted in bio!
The Scholastic Surf Series had its equipment trailer stolen early the morning of November 22. While our storage unit premises were being paved over that weekend, the trailer and all of our equipment were stolen from private premises. It has been reported to the Oceanside Police Department and a case is open.
The Scholastic Surf Series (SSS) promotes the sport of surfing thru a middle school and High school surf team format. We could use monetary help in getting our trailer and equipment replaced so we can continue to offer our surfing programs to the youth of San Diego County. Thank You Scholastic Surf Series.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I didn't do it.

I was in riverside.

Is there a reward?

Leave the money in the first stall at the bathroom on the strand closet to the south jetty and I will give you a clue of where it is.

No cops or the tents burn.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonyB and Jonahbrah

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

So they want $15,000 to replace this small trailer and "equipment":

http://instagr.am/p/CWmMNEzvCop/
Instagram shows the "equipment" used at the contests consists of a few tents and tables.

The going rate for a made-in-the-USA cargo trailer twice the size of what was stolen looks to be around $7000.

Hm.

Also, since a report was filed with the PD what's going to happen to the $15,000 if the stolen trailer shows up?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
feeble attempts at humor aside. It doesn't seem out of the question.

1) Its not the WSA, It's the Scholastic Surf League. They run all of the High School and Middle School events for San Diego and some of Orange County. The OP just got the repost from WSA.

2) Nobody is trying to get over on anyone. They are trying to expedite replacements so they can continue with their season with minimal interruption.

3) Beyond the cost of the actual trailer, locks, registration, etc, the contents of that trailer would ideally include storage shelving. several folding tables/chairs. several storage containers. Office equipment. Generator or 2. 2-3 Marine cycle batteries. Several 100 foot extension cords. A PA, speakers, speaker stands, speaker wire, speaker stands, microphones, 24+ Contest singlets. ropes, fasteners, banners. Probably some awards (medals/trophies). And hopefully some compensation for the people that have to run around and put all this together in a hurry.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
feeble attempts at humor aside. It doesn't seem out of the question.

1) Its not the WSA, It's the Scholastic Surf League. They run all of the High School and Middle School events for San Diego and some of Orange County. The OP just got the repost from WSA.

2) Nobody is trying to get over on anyone. They are trying to expedite replacements so they can continue with their season with minimal interruption.

3) Beyond the cost of the actual trailer, locks, registration, etc, the contents of that trailer would ideally include storage shelving. several folding tables/chairs. several storage containers. Office equipment. Generator or 2. 2-3 Marine cycle batteries. Several 100 foot extension cords. A PA, speakers, speaker stands, speaker wire, speaker stands, microphones, 24+ Contest singlets. ropes, fasteners, banners. Probably some awards (medals/trophies). And hopefully some compensation for the people that have to run around and put all this together in a hurry.
Their extensive Instagram shows nothing as complex as you describe.

And no explanation as to what happens if the equipment is located.

Cost of a made in the USA trailer twice the size of missing one is around $7,000.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I can't wait to finish my baiting infographic.

It should be done in a couple of days.

They are not as easy as they look to make.

They got that really nice bathroom there on the strand now and all the homeless people set up camp by the shower so it's weird when you want to rinse off.

I just do at the pad.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Surf PE ruined surfing. They learn to surf in a big pack (around here 50-+ per class) and it doesn't seem they learn etiquette. They certainly have no qualms about three guys paddling out to a peak you were enjoying by yourself, even if there are peaks everywhere.

Actually I'm just jealous they didn't have surf PE when I was in school. Surfing was illegitimate in the 70's, potheads and bums.

I'm surprised the WSA still exists. I was thinking of joining the Malibu chapter just to see if they cleared the lineup for contests. Would defintley have been worth the entry fee to surf First Point with 3-4 other guys for 1/2 hour (or more if you advanced).

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm surprised the WSA still exists. I was thinking of joining the Malibu chapter just to see if they cleared the lineup for contests. Would defintley have been worth the entry fee to surf First Point with 3-4 other guys for 1/2 (or more if you advanced).
So my foot is paralyzed, officially making me a handicap, and I had the same thought. Maybe I can surf first point in a handicap contest with 3 other handicapped dudes.

It would be a bummer if a guy with worse handicap than you won.

Kind of like getting beat by a girl.

This is similar to my plan to do BJJ with seniors.

I would get to be up grandmas.

• Haha
Reactions: One-Off