Surf and ocean art

Jan 26, 2017
Netherlands
Hey all,

hope you don't mind me starting a thread on surf and ocean art. I've posted a bunch of my wave paintings in the random photo thread and generally speaking they've been received well. I thought a dedicated thread might be better. Here's what went into the random photo thread:

Blue (1van1).jpg

This was a painting made in remembrance of 5 surfers that died in a freak accident in the Netherlands at the beginning of this year. They are depicted as herrings on the jetty next to were they died.
20200601_143837 (2).jpg

(I think I posted 1 or two more but can't find them)

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Hey all,

hope you don't mind me starting a thread on surf and ocean art. I've posted a bunch of my wave paintings in the random photo thread and generally speaking they've been received well. I thought a dedicated thread might be better. Here's what went into the random photo thread:

View attachment 102705

This was a painting made in remembrance of 5 surfers that died in a freak accident in the Netherlands at the beginning of this year. They are depicted as herrings on the jetty next to were they died.
View attachment 102706

(I think I posted 1 or two more but can't find them)
This one still gets me.

Such goodness in this thread. Thanks for sharing some awesome works.

Reactions: MV2local

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
image.jpgSome serious talent guys! Wow
Inspiring, here is another one of my hack jobs. I started painting in the beginning of lockdown with my kids.
it’s a great way to pass the time, love breaking out old surf mags for inspiring photos too.
Now it has taken over and we have paint and canvas everywhere.

MV2 can you come to California and paint all my walls? That mural is amazing

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2017
Netherlands
View attachment 102744Some serious talent guys! Wow
Inspiring, here is another one of my hack jobs. I started painting in the beginning of lockdown with my kids.
it’s a great way to pass the time, love breaking out old surf mags for inspiring photos too.
Now it has taken over and we have paint and canvas everywhere.

MV2 can you come to California and paint all my walls? That mural is amazing
Nice work! I started painting after having shaped a surfboard from an old windsurfer. With all the repairs I had to make to the foam, it looked aweful. Found out that I actually liked painting and drawing. So did another surfboard. Then my skateboards and that of the next door neighbours kid. And then I was out of boards, so bought brushes and canvas. Now, I find a great distraction and very relaxing; much better than staring at the tube or clicking the net. Added bonus when others enjoy it too.

As for your question, I will require airfare, lodging and regular surf sessions at secret breaks :p