Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN Biden's $400 billion student loan forgiveness program

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011
zero taxes for billionaires and corporations creating trillion $ deficits good
Loan forgiveness worth billions for students bad
The 'stupid them down' breeding/nutrition program is obviously working, just need to look around

1688234497272.png

Reactions: mundus

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
SCOTUS just gave the left the boost that they truly needed.

Things that energize the left base.

-abortion
-healthcare
-education
-lgbt rights

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Brain Dead Biden's handlers told him to buy the vote knowing they cant afford to transfer all that wealth.

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
H.R.5190 - Small-Dollar PPP Forgiveness Simplification Act of 2021

You think you have a bone to pick with the Supreme Court for not giving you other people's money. I get that. What you don't seem to understand is that the Supreme Court did what the Constitution said to do.

The PPP loans which were forgiven were forgiven because your congressional representatives voted for them to be forgiven. Congress did not vote for $600 Billion in student loans to be forgiven. Further, congress WON'T vote for that to happen because a majority of voters strongly disagree with you. The people who paid for their own college education, the people who didn't get college degrees, and the people who paid back their college loans don't feel the need to pay for you to get a free education.
Sure, absolutely correct the PPP loans were forgiven in a constitutional manner.

I seriously doubt people struggling to pay back their debts could afford to out-lobby banks and student lending institutions.

Anecdotal but I’ve seen plenty of stories of people that have more than paid back their loans, but the interest is killing them and they have no option to re fi or declare bankruptcy.

Meanwhile in this example the institution the dude got his degree from went bankrupt yet he’s still paying off the lenders. So it’s OK to try and fail at business but not one’s education? Think of it as an investment in the community rather than some handout.

Newmeyer ultimately graduated with a degree in advanced automotive technology and a handful of other certifications, but they weren’t much help in getting him towards his eventual career path. He’s working in the automotive industry, but “everything that I do now, I knew how to do before I went there,” he said.

What’s more, Newmeyer is still paying for a degree that he realized shortly after graduating would have cost much less at a community college. WyoTech was part of Corinthian Colleges, a chain of for-profit schools that collapsed in 2015 amid allegations it misled students. Meanwhile, Newmeyer said he and his family are struggling to manage the $78,000 he acquired from attending the school.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Bottom line, nothing Republicans like more than comforting the comfortable and further afflicting the afflicted.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
It makes perfect sense

A lot of young people will have an absolute dumpster fire of a life, but will focus on "big picture" items that don't affect them one way or another rather than focusing on policy that would make their lives better

Selfishness is a virtue
I wish you'd use your words in the first place, bud

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The thing with sins and virtue is the dose.

"Selfishness is a virtue" is what you think when you want to have the mind of a child even when you are an adult.

It's about balance.

Its weird how many adults I know who think like a child.

Someone will have a problem and I hear the problem and basically it comes down to the person still thinks like a child.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Anecdotal but I’ve seen plenty of stories of people that have more than paid back their loans, but the interest is killing them and they have no option to re fi or declare bankruptcy.
Yeah it’s not like the lenders haven’t made a killing despite forgiveness.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
My question wasn’t limited to the Supreme Court.
But it's the relevant point.

It's been the focus of the right when they realized they don't have the votes to hold power.

That is how the right is going to hold onto power as the minority.

Deregulation and tax breaks for the very wealthy is the song America is going to be singing for the next ten years.

Thanks, Ruth!