Superbrand Fling

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA
I don't like they way they look.

I never liked double wings.
Yeah aesthetically unpleasing. I always thought the Rusty Piranha would be better with a single or no wing. I'm not a shaper so likely that's totally incorrect from a function standpoint.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Maybe just re-branding. whenever I saw the name, i pronounced it in my head the British way of saying “ass”... arse. Just me? Lol

Edit: also, apparently Sakal doesn‘t read erBB or he’d know the new consensus among the Flingers is thruster, not quad. Duh. Where’s the center box, bro??

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Aruka and Havoc

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
You flingers got me interested I like fishy wide boards.what are the nose and tail widths on those Bad boys? Do they have some foam in the nose or they like a traditional shortboard?

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
What's the connection with Ryan Sakal and Super brand Fling again? So soap box derby same exact shape as Fling?

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
My understanding is that he designed and developed the board while he was shaping for Super. Soap box derby is his version under his label.
I thought it was Jason Koons who came up with that shape? ....Collab from several shapers/ie."shapers' collective?

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
^ there are plenty of shapers with very similar type of boards
flat rocker, super wide tail, wide point somewhere between a fish and a shortboard
nothing that special
one guys opinion

Reactions: Havoc