Superbrand Fling

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
You guys have made me really want a Fling. Good marketing. Might sell my other grovelers to finance one. Do they ever do sales? Specifically on superflex.
Pretty sure they’re doing one now. I think racer posted about it in the other thread (Thai board thread)

Reactions: MathDebater

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Makes sense, I think I need to resist for a while. I already got two boards recently. Need to pray to the craigslist gods.

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Havoc that's a US-made superflex? I think the Thai version has some brightener - mine's getting old but still pretty white.

Continuing the erBB Fling circle-jerk, I grabbed another one off of craigslist. 5'6" x 20 1/4" x 2 1/2". 31L. This one is PU, shaped by BB, Futures 5 fin. My old one is a GSI 5'6" x 20 1/4" x 2 9/16" 32.5 L. FCS 5 fin. I love the old one and it feels like a good shape - but the new one definitely feels more refined. Much more foiled nose and tail, bit more pronounced bottom contours. Board goes really well backside for me. Possibly a touch more tail rocker? So yes, I guess I actually do have a step-up fling now.

IMG_1838.png

I think the other tails look good - but the OG still looks most efficient to me. It seems to pull in just enough to give a lot of control.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
after everybody on here was raving about the fling I had to get one when it popped up cheap. 5'6 GSI superflex, about 2l more than what I normally ride. been through a few lost grovellers in the last years (bottom feeder, puddle jumper, puddle fish, puddle jumper HP). They all had their moments, but I was never quite satisfied with either low end or performance. when picking up the fling for the first time I was a bit surprised about the hard edge quite far in front of the fins and the amount of double concave. when trying with my go to fins (fannings), I found it a bit sticky and not quite as fast as I had hoped. a smaller center fin significantly improved this. contrary to popular belief I found it's a lot of fun as a quad too....tried it as a 2+1 (fcs power twins) too, went great as well. kept switching back and forth till my set of h4s found me. struck gold, it's almost as if they combine the speed of the quad with the pivot of the thruster. super tech seems to be pretty epic too, board hit the boulders a few times and didn't even get a scratch.