Superbrand Fling

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
haha. good to have some options.

ya super was super easy to deal with. Jason Koons in particular is a straight shooter and amazing shaper. Will be ordering more boards from them in the future. stocked! :shaka::drowning:
You like straight shooting men too?

I'd like to see my buddy get one and he's aiming for the swallow tail. Well he was going to get one until the world got rona'd

• Haha
Reactions: ghostshaper

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Can anyone answer if they still use S-glass as stock? Asked them via IG, email, etc, but noone's gotten back to me. Saw in an old Real review they did S as stock, but wanted to confirm...
My boys have had a few Supers and I've got to say they've had the best glass jobs I've ever seen on what I consider to be mass produced stock rack boards. Their glass jobs are tight and their boards stay whiter longer than the competition. CI should take notes.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
fling has a decent amount of concave. mine is moderate single to pronounced double. what futures quad+nub wud u rec? griffin wud be top choice for fins but mine is futures. maybe an adapter?

otherwise i'll just stick with super large trusty setup. am2's felt too big. super quad set was too loose.

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
fling has a decent amount of concave. mine is moderate single to pronounced double. what futures quad+nub wud u rec? griffin wud be top choice for fins but mine is futures. maybe an adapter?

otherwise i'll just stick with super large trusty setup. am2's felt too big. super quad set was too loose.
Yo Havoc. I have Mani's AK4 on my 56 Fling and love it. I believe Mani says its based off the AM template. Loose and drive. Have tried with AMs thruster set but like the quad better. I have a set in Futures sitting in my garage, you're welcome to try it out (I am in OC). :shaka:

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
My favorite Fling quad set so far is the Roberts Honeycomb Large fronts with the Roberts 80/20 rears. Looser than the AM2's but still plenty of fin to push off of and keep that fat ass tail under control.

Mat6920

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 10, 2017
I found the fling to be build with so much speed that thruster helps the board to pivot quicker especially in smaller waves, tried it in quad a few times, good when it gets more hollow but didnt find it added more value than thruster. What a board !

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
If you do happen to like the Superbrand fin set, Koons has been blowing them out on ebay for $50 for the quad set.

Reactions: Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
sm-med fins seem small for that tail. I'd probs need Lg.
Is yours the "OG Rounded Diamond"? Most have this tail or squash? Any preference for gravel? The shallow swallow also looks pretty good for quad.

Last edited:

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
sm-med fins seem small for that tail. I'd probs need Lg.
Is yours the "OG Rounded Diamond"? Most have this tail or squash? Any preference for gravel? The shallow swallow also looks pretty good for quad.
ya u need the large super fins

minez the rounded diamond which is money. dont even want to try the other variants

Reactions: oeste858

SharkBoy

Miki Dora status
Oct 22, 2004
The melody of that song Lunatic Fringe comes into my head whenever I hear Superbrand Fling.
(Chords in parenthesis for those who want to try it out)

SuperBrand Fling! (in D)

I know that you're out there. (in Bm)

Thinking about which fins. (D)

Is it quad or is it a thruster? (BM)

Talk with Greg Griffin (A)

And ride it with the G10's (Bm)

Or maybe talk to the erBB (A)

And change it to a bonzer (BM)

Whoa oh oh oh, Whoa oh oh oh (BM)

SuperBrand Fling!

Last edited: