Superbrand Fling

hackeysaky

Miki Dora status
Dec 19, 2002
NJ
Anybody want to buy this? I'm giving up on the shorter boards (though this is longer for a Fling...stock 5-9). Still have the box to ship
A little late to the party so haven't been following along... is this the standard or hippy fling?

Tomay

OTF status
Feb 2, 2010
I sold the Fling. I felt like the swallow tail was fighting the board design and perhaps the supertech construction isn't ideal for a groveler. It wasn't terrible, but I like to have my quiver dialled in and I would grab my twinny for the waves it was going to go in.

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Found the zing of the Fling last week! Ended up surfing the wave I've been wanting to test this board out on. Long running softish buttered out CH lefts, so backside for yo. Easy entries and fast out of the gate. I would typically ride my quad fish which tends to outrun the pocket ending up in long hooking roundies back into the pocket, fun but the Fling as a thrust allowed to stall out a bit, pivot off the center for more of a vertical approach on the walls that stood up a bit. Super responsive compared to my chunky home shape fish and a Lib Lost PJ I had years ago. Will not be going quad on this wave with this board. Note, AM2s are what I had in and my go to.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
A little late to the party so haven't been following along... is this the standard or hippy fling?
A little of both... Its the one they made for surfboard broker. Double bump. But, she gone. Should have texted me Sak.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
The new ones they have at Real Watersports look like they have a little more pulled in tail.