john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Prosecutor: 'Beach bully' damaged surfer's brain with paddle swing
http://via.kswbtv.com/lAunw

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
56 year old surfer was so threatening that the 33 year old super had to stab him with a paddle?
not

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
After reading that article, it sounds like they all three did something dumb and all three got something sh1tty in return just like Lairds dad in that other thread where he knocked himself out with an iron bar ( :roflmao:). If you're a mildly proficient surfer you would never put yourself into a collision line of a SUP riding a wave (yeah, there are exceptions but we know which ones are legit), and if you're an advanced or professional SUPer you would be able to avoid them (sorry noobs and intermediate SUPers, you're currently still dangerous). If neither of those happened then this wouldn't have been a story. That dude, his wife and the SUP guy are all three----> >>> Donkeys of the Week! :loser:

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
I have known Kevin Eslinger for a long time. We've swapped boards in the lineup, paddled the smallest of days and the biggest. He is as mellow as they come. The SUP guy is guilty AF. Kevin, at best, grabbed the guys board in a correcting manner and told him to chill out. I hope the SUP guy gets everything he deserves. Kevin is one of the nicest people I've ever met, in or out of the water. And Janae an angel. I mean that. Fk that SUP idiot. I hope he dies in prison.

eddie webster

OTF status
Aug 26, 2014
sup' er snaked me a couple times in a row i said what the heck guy told me he needed practice because he wanted to be a pro

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
wormburner said:
sup' er snaked me a couple times in a row i said what the heck guy told me he needed practice because he wanted to be a pro
Pro obviously an acronym for Preposterously Retarded Object.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
I think I've met Kevin a couple of times through a friend I visit at his home in Pt Loma when I'm in town. If ots the same gut he's a super nice guy even lent my brother and I some wetsuits when we first ventured there and surfed the cliffs.

I've seen roadblock threaten to smack some local haole's at our local break for hanging on the inside and dropping in on him. Seemed like a pretty stupid thing to do.

I hope Kevin is doing well.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
SUPs should be required to have licensed boat restrictions applied to them, people should have to pass a test to operate one and anyone operating them in a surf zone should be fined upon sight!

there, i said what every prone surfer knows to be true.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
laidback said:
Blame laird

My new next door neighbor is a SUP King. He kind of reminds me of that Wicked Pissah guy on that tuna fishing show.

Little guy, big mouth. Somebody you would like to punch.

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
sad situation.

my best guess is the victim probably got in the SUP's space and, rightfully, told the kook to fook off.

kook overreacted and illegally used an amount of force that far exceeded the perceived threat. that's not self-defense. that's assault.

victim now has permanent damage for nothing more than calling out a kook.

analogous to road rage - you call out the offender and get a gun in your face.

not worth it IMO.

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
stoked to be reading this after having a prone take off beginner on a heavily glassed 9’0 spear me right in the forehead. at least 6 concussions now. feels great.

xxx

Nep status
Nov 18, 2006
000, can you keep us updated on the outcome of this? I am curious as to how the courts will handle it.