Summer Surf Trips

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Going well, mostly challenging beachbreak, But surfed a decent reef/point this morning.
what was your point of entry and travel route from NJ? Been multiple times but flying into Managua right now is expensive and somewhat restricted. Going through Liberia ain’t cheap either I’m finding out…

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
just dropped one kid off in new orleans, one is still in la. thinking a panama trip early june, a certain mexican point in late july, and a hawaiian trip to oahu late august. seeing if subway will go somewhere with me. driving to seattle and back for a photo/skate mission in a few days. work is booked all the other times in between. gonna be a busy summer, unless work gets too crazy. then, one of the trips gets pushed. still should be fun though.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Just don’t text me tonight it’s too late

I could be talked into mex in July, but we were also thinking of thanksgiving in uncle PPKs cauldron, I mean, thanksgiving in Princeville... I guess we could do both, business is back for the most part :drowning:

Reactions: Truth

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Just don’t text me tonight it’s too late

I could be talked into mex in July, but we were also thinking of thanksgiving in uncle PPKs cauldron, I mean, thanksgiving in Princeville... I guess we could do both, business is back for the most part :drowning:
Do it, Mex in July should be prime wet season good stuff. Guaranteed better than 99% of the days in LB that time of year.

Reactions: Truth and Subway

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Kona mid-May.

I took Deb around the Big Island as she had never been. We stayed at various places and did a week total with a 4 door Jeep rental so I could take her up to the Visitors Center and then higher, up to all the various telescopes at the 13,000 + level of Mauna Kea.

We stayed here overnight and hooked up with a Friend and we did a late night run to see the volcano in the foggy, foggy damp mist. T'was bitchen. 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive, more if you stop along the way from Kona.

We stayed in the Main Building ~ two story, different size rooms. Free papaya, rolls, coffee in the AM for guests and fireplace. Take a jacket. Elevation there and can be misty / rainy.

FYI

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I

I took Deb around the Big Island as she had never been. We stayed at various places and did a week total with a 4 door Jeep rental so I could take her up to the Visitors Center and then higher, up to all the various telescopes at the 13,000 + level of Mauna Kea.

We stayed here overnight and hooked up with a Friend and we did a late night run to see the volcano in the foggy, foggy damp mist. T'was bitchen. 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive, more if you stop along the way from Kona.

We stayed in the Main Building ~ two story, different size rooms. Free papaya, rolls, coffee in the AM for guests and fireplace. Take a jacket. Elevation there and can be misty / rainy.

FYI
I'd sure like to take you round this island some day uncle. See if Ape Coin hits it jackpot stylie and I can fly you out 1st class.

No ghey code.

Joe.

Reactions: PPK96754

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019
Jersey Shore in July with wife’s family. Kill me now.
:socrazy:
@MrSteve @surfadelphia
where’s the best peaks in Avalon, bros? Also, can I borrow a boar??
:LOL:
Ha, I missed this bc I usually don't check the general forum

I've spent a lot of time in that part of NJ, my in-laws have a place in a town near there. We're usually there for a lot of July but alas I'll actually be in LA most of this one.

July is probably statistically the slowest month of the year but there are random loggable 1-2-3ft days and there's always a (very) small chance for a way-too-early hurricane. I'll dm you some spots just in case.

If you stop by Kona surfshop in Wildwood they usually have "demo" boards of their models you can rent or borrow. I don't think super highly of their shapes but better than a soft top.

Oh, and don't underestimate the NJ summer sun... the locals are brown for a reason :roflmao:

Reactions: oeste858 and mundus

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Super-thanks!
So testing was a breeze, might I add it was 'probably' a predetermined outcome ;) = negative test: done in a dudes, oh I mean Doctor's car outside of a restaurant.
-our surf guide, who we used last year and have become friendly with, set it all up for us.

The cost was $40 and at the San Salvador airport when checking in is where they validate it.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
wow that is a LOT easier than what we had to do to get out of Nicaragua last May. $150 per person. At some health clinic in the maze of Managua (thank god for google maps) but at least they sent results that afternoon so you could make your morning flight the next day. Literally the ONLY testing center in the country. I HAVE to imagine that has improved in the past 12 months

Last edited:
Reactions: flyinraptr