Stupidest Surfing Fashion Trends

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
This... I currently hate surfing so much right now. No matter where I go... kooks as far as the eye can see.
It's pretty terrible around here too. Spots where there used to be a couple of people out on weekday mornings now have somewhere around 20 people out. All the normally crowded spots are even bigger shitshows than they previously were.

This pandemic has not been good for surfing.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Werk Frum Hom Kulchur
It's not the working from home I don't think. It's the fact that the ocean's the only thing open. Hoping the vast majority of these people disappear when we get a vaccine.

In the meantime, I think everyone should make a point to yell at at least one person per session. Gotta make these kooks less comfortable.

Reactions: urchined and Havoc

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
It's not the working from home I don't think. It's the fact that the ocean's the only thing open. Hoping the vast majority of these people disappear when we get a vaccine.

In the meantime, I think everyone should make a point to yell at at least one person per session. Gotta make these kooks less comfortable.
the temperature drop already helped things around here alot..i figure if tomorrow pans out swell wise itll scare some more people away as well as far as the beachbreaks go.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
the temperature drop already helped things around here alot..i figure if tomorrow pans out swell wise itll scare some more people away as well as far as the beachbreaks go.
Too many days where we haven't had to duck dive for sure. Bring on the swell, the cold, and the rain.

I think I'm just bitter that I've been working from home for 8 months and have had less time to surf than ever lol.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
In general lots of windslop on offer; quite a bit of duck diving required. Loving it for the most part. Had an annoyance here or there, and one pair of oddities on the best Eta drift, but nothing that impacted wave count.

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
Not that I own any, but are Uggs at the beach still laughed at? Or are they okay below a certain temp or geographic region? With pants- Tucked in or out? With shorts- tall socks or no-show socks or not at all? What's the ruling.

Reactions: MathDebater

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Not that I own any, but are Uggs at the beach still laughed at? Or are they okay below a certain temp or geographic region? With pants- Tucked in or out? With shorts- tall socks or no-show socks or not at all? What's the ruling.
I'd sport the **** out of those things if we were going to have a real winter this year. Last really cold winter I saw some in a store and I didn't really understand what the point was until I saw them up close. They looked warm. DGAF how kooky or faux pas or whatever.

Like Smashmouth and a bunch of other sh!t, it's surprising how many hot young chicks seem into them.

Reactions: MathDebater

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I'd sport the **** out of those things if we were going to have a real winter this year. Last really cold winter I saw some in a store and I didn't really understand what the point was until I saw them up close. They looked warm. DGAF how kooky or faux pas or whatever.

Like Smashmouth and a bunch of other sh!t, it's surprising how many hot young chicks seem into them.
Supposed to be in high 30s at beach this Saturday morning. Finally getting that inaugural sesh up here in NorCal. The 53 degree water will feel toasty by comparison to the air. Maybe. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: jkb and MathDebater