Stupidest Surfing Fashion Trends

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
I've got a few in mind. But the one that I just can't get over is wearing a t-shirt as a rash guard. I used to think that wearing a soaking wet t-shirt was the most miserable thing ever. And now people are doing it by choice! No thanks. Lycra for life!
Totally disagree .... we have days where it is too hot to wear a rash guard .... literally sweating while sitting on your board in 85 degree water. On days like those cotton t-shirts are the only way to go.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Totally disagree .... we have days where it is too hot to wear a rash guard .... literally sweating while sitting on your board in 85 degree water. On days like those cotton t-shirts are the only way to go.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I'm a cotton t-shirt guy myself in the tropics, but a made in USA alternative to the above:

Reactions: Chocki

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
agree 100% . Buy them smaller and thinner at T-Shirt wholesale shops

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I hope no one said jimmy z shorts with velcro closure on left side hip.
closure was on the right hip.

I remember this distinctly. Was rolling on ecstasy. 1988. There were 5 of us in the car. I was in the back seat with my girlfriend (now wife) and her best friend. My girlfriend (and the ocean) was on my left and her friend on my right. I looked out the window to check the surf and got distracted by my girl‘s lips. She leaned in and we started making out. Meanwhile her friend started sucking on my fingers and undid the Velcro on the Jimmy Z (right side!) and rubbed my wiener. He hand was unusually warm.

My pants were white.

Never where white pants when skateboarding in the rain.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
closure was on the right hip.

I remember this distinctly. Was rolling on ecstasy. 1988. There were 5 of us in the car. I was in the back seat with my girlfriend (now wife) and her best friend. My girlfriend (and the ocean) was on my left and her friend on my right. I looked out the window to check the surf and got distracted by my girl‘s lips. She leaned in and we started making out. Meanwhile her friend started sucking on my fingers and undid the Velcro on the Jimmy Z (right side!) and rubbed my wiener. He hand was unusually warm.

My pants were white.

Never where white pants when skateboarding in the rain.
Once was high on shrooms about 4 grams and was cruising around IV with a good size hole in crutch of my jeans....