Stupidest Surfing Fashion Trends

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA
Oh no!

I wish I had a picture of it , but an old friend of mine has a colored (yellows, blues and green, oh my!) WRV/layered dolphin logo on his shoulder about 4" in diameter. I think we were 17 or something and he said how he thought it was an iconic image that'd never go out of style and would be a cool tattoo. Me being an awful friend and wanting to see this terrible idea come to fruition, said "you should definitely get that this summer". I was pleased as Punch when we were Freshman roommates and I saw the sticker-like tat and would LFMAO almost every time it made an appearance.
100% has a personalized license plate.

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Changing panchos are pretty nice when it's sub 40F and windy. Anything to help keep me from getting chilled before I've even hit the water. I want one that's waterproof for suiting up in the rain.
I thought thats why people up north have vans.. for changing in cold weather and keeping warm. :)

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I thought thats why people up north have vans.. for changing in cold weather and keeping warm. :)
the people with vans are mostly from the cities which aren't on the coast. most of the surfers up here have trucks. better for keeping stinky wetsuits separate from the driving compartment and better for not getting stuck on the beach.

Reactions: ANIMA

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Yes, I’m not making fun of those. I’m thinking more of the rock reefs and cobble stone beaches where people still wear them for some reason.

Aren’t the barnacle and urchins mostly in cooler CA water where one would often wear booties anyways?