Stupidest Surfing Fashion Trends

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
ha. watched it from the top of the dune the other day. was solid 10ft duffy and super disorganized.

couple buds encouraged me to paddle with them and im like nah, its sh!t. they paddled anyway, got a few drops while i tossed the ball for the dog.

it got worse with the tide, inside and mid bar got supre gnarly. paddle out turned into a total adventure.def not worth it

so im over it and about to bail when i see my daughters boyfriend running down the beach from north lot. he doesnt see me and being the cocky prick that he is, he doesnt assess his paddle and jumps right in.

time to crack a beer and watch the show.

his attempt was pretty solid and i thought he was going to charm his way out until he got trapped on a shallow section of mid bar with a relentless 10@10. he gave it good effort but after 15 mins straight duckdiving ditching swiming and going nowhere he was toast. finally he bellied one in dejected. sat there a while staring at it before hanging his head back up the beach to his truck.

and i did what any aging, self respecting, girls father would do. i suited up and paddled straight out 100 ft south of the kids denial. got 3 waves. came in and felt pretty fuckn good.
you're my hero

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
Im a little late to the party, but heres one. Doing athletic activities with your ass cheeks out. I know I will get a lot of flak for this cause a lot of you guys are coomers and feminists.

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
It doesn't really bother me the way someone looks out there or something stupid they are wearing, I can care less as long as its not effecting me & they have a good attitude.

The thing that bugs the hell out of me is guys too cool to wear a leash and their boards crashing into people. Had that thought the other day when a guy was paddling in to fetch his board being thrashed around inside because he was leashless. Looking at me while i'm about to paddle out like i'm gonna go fetch it for him. You made that decision bud, not me, haha.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Go pro mounts on a board.

Anytime i buy a used board with a mount in front I mentally mark the seller as kook and i plot to drop in on all his future waves when I see him in the lineup
You do realize that as soon as people see YOU surfing with the go pro mount they think YOU are the kook, right?

Reactions: JTS

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Saw someone in the lineup on an oversized VS Manta wearing webbed gloves.

i guess they’re becoming a thing again.

I’ve joked but this sighting yesterday kinda put the wealthy adult learner into perspective.
LOL. WFH bros are about function over form. I guess when you don't grow up learning what's cool among surfers, then you try get any tiny advantage to help you catch that darn wave on your 'Storm (and then CI Mid). Sunglasses in the lineup coming soon. [Actually that would be super practical]

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Webbed toe grovel booties to complete the set. Somebody needs to hop on that quick.
I mean, dood was wearing booties, too. Not sure if they were webbed tho.

What's that stupid bootie trend - 1mm socks? Don't understand those either.