Stuck in Singapore

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Saw the photo of the 'beach closed' poster in Encinitas somewhere and thought of a buddy of mine that lives down there so texted him up to see how he was doing...He goes 'sucks'...'I'm on day 11 in Singapore on real quarantine. Not fake quarantine. Can't leave room for 15 days. Was trying to get to Indo but it's all closed for tourist visa. Not sure where to go from here. Might just stay as Singapore is safe'. He was supposed to do a few trips starting April 25 but ahh to coin a phrase, that ship sailed. But one thing he did say is that if anybody is thinking that they might still ever want to go there in the future, they should buy some Rupiah now, screaming deal on that currency...as well as Aus dollars. Also, looks like the year is shut down for trips down there so if you're already there--here's lookin' at you Truth--it'll be the first time in a long time for empty surf in those islands.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
My friends live and own a resort in south Sumatra. They're right on the beach, and have been surfing out front. People are being encouraged to just stay in their own village. So if they live on a point or a beach, they've got waves for days and no tourists out. However, they said the government has said they are lifting the lockdown in the next few days to allow people in the cities to travel back to their home towns. Difficult situation as there are a lot of poor people there, but if they have no income in the cities, they need to go home. Don't know what to say about that, but we will get through this.

Jul 22, 2020
California Woodside
I don’t understand people who complain about being in a city and stuck there because of the quarantine. Wherever you are, you would be locked in your house, hotel room, etc. I understand that you may not have the necessary resources for paying the hotel room, your meals. But I think when you go in such a big and expensive city, you should be prepared. I live here and honestly I am happy I moved because I lived in Hong Kong and you may see the case study by applyforprsingapore.com.

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
But I think when you go in such a big and expensive city, you should be prepared.
Nobody but really wealthy people are prepared for such an event like a 14 day quarantine in a foreign city. Unrealistic to think someone should be prepared for such a thing, unless of course they are traveling during a pandemic.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Nobody but really wealthy people are prepared for such an event like a 14 day quarantine in a foreign city. Unrealistic to think someone should be prepared for such a thing, unless of course they are traveling during a pandemic.
You realize you are replying to a spambot, right? :ban: