Stub Hub bends Laker fan over

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Anyone read this yet?
http://www.theleadsports.com/the-surreal-story-of-stubhub-screwing-over-a-kobe-fan/

tl/dr careful using stubhub

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
IMO pro sports and ticket agencies in general are bending everyone over, whether you are a sports fan or not.

Don't get me wrong, I think pro sports are kewl and all, but the team owners basically hold cities and taxpayers hostage by threatening to leave, forcing taxpayers to foot the bill for absurdly expensive stadiums . . . Only to turn around and charge through the roof for tickets, far out of range for what the average resident can afford.

Not a bad racket if you can get in on it :shrug:

I'm willing to bet that like the Olympics, the economic gains of new stadiums are net negative in more cases than not :shrug:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Iceman said:
Based on the comment section, it looks like he'll be going to the game after all.
yea happy ending for sure, Budweiser is also trying to get a hold of him.

I think its funny that stub hub bills itself as a "trusted" marketplace and safer than scalpers .

And now all these other companies are getting great publicity off stubhubs fuck up!

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
santacruzin said:
Iceman said:
Based on the comment section, it looks like he'll be going to the game after all.
yea happy ending for sure, Budweiser is also trying to get a hold of him.

I think its funny that stub hub bills itself as a "trusted" marketplace and safer than scalpers .

And now all these other companies are getting great publicity off stubhubs fuck up!
StubHub IS a scalping website. :foreheadslap: :roflmao:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
santacruzin said:
Its a scalping website that makes you pay upfront and get the tickets later!!

what a business model
Better off going through eBay or craigslist.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
guy was just on Kevin & Bean. Stab Hub still trying to screw him by moving his seats to a different location (nose bleeds i'm sure). A competitor of Star Hub from Kansas City is flying out to deliver him tickets today

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
'Adele' has painted a target on ticket agencies.

not sure exactly how it works but she identifies her devoted fans and cuts the agency out.

others have tried/failed....but shes' got some clout so maybe this time different.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I get to channel B5F for once.

One of my high school classmates is the Editor-in-Chief at StubHub and he is getting a bit of grief on Facebook right now. Better yet, he tried to open one of the links to the story and it was blocked by StubHub. :roflmao:

jts80

Legend (inyourownmind)
May 17, 2007
NJ
acnjusa said:
'Adele' has painted a target on ticket agencies.

not sure exactly how it works but she identifies her devoted fans and cuts the agency out.

others have tried/failed....but shes' got some clout so maybe this time different.
I got Adele tickets for my wife and her Mom as a birthday present a few weeks ago when they went on sale to the public. Sold out in minutes and the tickets similar to the ones I got are now priced at $3,000/ticket on the secondary markets - StubHub etc. I should have told her I never got them haha.