Stretch G-Buzz Quad Rear Recommendations

Oct 20, 2006
Hi everyone, I scored a great condition Stretch G-Buzz with the 5 fin FCSII setup. I need to get some rear quad fins and am looking for recommendations.

I currently run The MF Large FCSII Fins as a thruster and am looking for which quad rear fins to go with them. Looks like the Carver rear template would match the best, but the Performer rears seem to come with just about every other set and the foils are different. A few options and not much experience on my end with quads. I surf around Southern California.

Please let me know what would work with this setup. Eventually I might just spring for the Stretch Fins Unlimited Generation 2 Fins.

Thanks in advance for any info you can send my way!

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
My GBuzz worked well with a number of different fins. It can be tuned to preference. But as a whole I liked Stretch’s design best. His upright quad with the futures S3 template was my standard set up.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I'll be the contrarian and say that I don't really like Stretch's templates, although I love his boards.

I rode my GBuzz with large Reactor FCS2 fronts and mayhem quad rears. My recco would be to start with the performers and go from there.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I don't like the double foiled rears on Stretches quad templates. Feels like I'm dragging ass.

Doesn't bother others for some reason.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I don't like the double foiled rears on Stretches quad templates. Feels like I'm dragging ass.

Only time I had problems was my first custom from Stretch superbuzz I got FU#3 set and felt like I was dragging anchors so luckily I had 5 boxes and tried SF3 thruster set and worked good. I wanted a quad though so I tried FU#2 and board went like magic and got a custom gbuzz I used FU#3 and perfect

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
My experience is like row jimmy's. ST2 quad works very well as a high performance, fast and agile quad set in my 2x4's and in my buzzsaws. Worked fairly well in my GBuzz, but not as good as ST3. I also liked Stretch's twin set with the ST1 or ST2 trailers in my GBuzz. Mr. Buzz I have only run ST3. But finding the right quad set for Stretch's single to double buzz concave with wide tails really set the board apart for me.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016

I just picked up a new board (buzzsaw), and a set of Future QD2 4.15 Honeycombs rears, to see the difference. I think I may have screwed up though, because I mistakenly grabbed the "symmetrical foil" pair, have you guys tried this set?

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
Stretch’s quad rear fins are my favorite and they are 50/50. I tried other foiled (80/20 mostly) rear fins but his gave the feeling I desired in a quad.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I just picked up a new board (buzzsaw), and a set of Future QD2 4.15 Honeycombs rears, to see the difference. I think I may have screwed up though, because I mistakenly grabbed the "symmetrical foil" pair, have you guys tried this set?
I am not sure if you dislike 50/50 but get FU#2 set and be done. Board goes like mofo in good surf which I have my buzzsaw set up for step up to my superbuzz (dd) which also has FU#2.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Thanks rowjimmy,

I do I have a set of those on my buzzsaw now, and it was a night and day difference between the FU#1, and the FU#2 set. The FU#2's are great, anyway I'm digging the buzzsaw so much I picked up another smaller one, and just wanted to play around with a couple of different set ups, and see what the flat foil feels like.