stretch boards support and board pron thread

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
No, I asked them. The Buzzsaw pool version has only slightly less exit rocker than the normal Buzzsaw, and the same entry rocker. Very small difference

Aug 13, 2022
Hi everybody,
I’m a huge fan of stretch surfboards, I had few. I just bought a new one. It’s a second hand (those are difficult to find in France) and i can’t find reviews or infos about the model. It’s a speed buzz. If someone have infos I would be very thanksful.
Tom

Attachments

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Hi everybody,
I’m a huge fan of stretch surfboards, I had few. I just bought a new one. It’s a second hand (those are difficult to find in France) and i can’t find reviews or infos about the model. It’s a speed buzz. If someone have infos I would be very thanksful.
Tom
Use the search feature...couple pages of Speedbuzz mentions and discussion

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I've got a speed buzz, and love it, I haven't really surfed my other buzz boards much since I got it. It works just like they said it would, kind of fills in the gap between the superbuzz, and buzzsaw. I love the outline off the buzzsaw, and the rocker of the superbuzz, so I figured it would be perfect. I was surprised to see how different the rockers were, between my superbuzz, and speedbuzz. Looking at the files the speedbuzz, had more nose rocker, and less tail rocker, than my superbuzz, I'm not sure if that happened by stretching it out 2", It also makes me wonder how it compares the "pool" version's rocker? The board was an easy transition from the superbuzz, but it's more in the mold of normal outline, so where you gain on the top end, you loose on the low end. With that being said though, it's pretty much all I've been riding. I've been riding it as a thruster (Future P8's,) or when it's smaller or weaker, as a twinny plus trailer (Chippa Wilson's.) I think you'll be stoked on it, I think it makes a great daily driver, that isn't to quirky, if that makes sense. I've always loved the buzzsaw outline, the nose is kind of between a 'bullet' nose, and a standard, wide through the tail, just looks badass!

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
I've got a speed buzz, and love it, I haven't really surfed my other buzz boards much since I got it. It works just like they said it would, kind of fills in the gap between the superbuzz, and buzzsaw. I love the outline off the buzzsaw, and the rocker of the superbuzz, so I figured it would be perfect. I was surprised to see how different the rockers were, between my superbuzz, and speedbuzz. Looking at the files the speedbuzz, had more nose rocker, and less tail rocker, than my superbuzz, I'm not sure if that happened by stretching it out 2", It also makes me wonder how it compares the "pool" version's rocker? The board was an easy transition from the superbuzz, but it's more in the mold of normal outline, so where you gain on the top end, you loose on the low end. With that being said though, it's pretty much all I've been riding. I've been riding it as a thruster (Future P8's,) or when it's smaller or weaker, as a twinny plus trailer (Chippa Wilson's.) I think you'll be stoked on it, I think it makes a great daily driver, that isn't to quirky, if that makes sense. I've always loved the buzzsaw outline, the nose is kind of between a 'bullet' nose, and a standard, wide through the tail, just looks badass!
How the tail of your speed buzz compare to the super buzz in width, thickness and foil?

Mar 19, 2013
Looks like you are good to go with 5150 take 2win twin set off and try front fins bet you well be in love and order another set:shaka:That grey looks nice I have a grey bottom red deck rails buzzsaw that my wife always calls pink:foreheadslap:
Yeah i like the gray, came out a little different this time, but not pink.

Had it setup like that the other day when i messaged you but switched it last night because i brought both boards with me this morning. With the lack of swell and time i have now a days switching fins mid session seems insane. With two little kids, every minute in the water is important.

• Love
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Yeah i like the gray, came out a little different this time, but not pink.

Had it setup like that the other day when i messaged you but switched it last night because i brought both boards with me this morning. With the lack of swell and time i have now a days switching fins mid session seems insane. With two little kids, every minute in the water is important.
I meant the red came out pink but I think Stretch color has come a long way in 10 years and best to go color if you don't like brown after around 7 years or so :cheers:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Way oversized but I kinda want to get this Ugly Twin:

@racer1 that twin with rear set up works great fins are closer then normal quad set up. I run FU 2win fronts and FU#2 rears on 5150:waving: