stretch boards support and board pron thread

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Not sure what they did to me. I didn’t specify anything except DFT.
Most likely standard dft then:
Epoxy lamination with 4oz. direct sized RWG E-glass deck and bottom
4oz. S-glass deck and bottom layer 45º off-axis quadrilateral cloth matrix
I went this schedule below like I do my CFT:
Medium: 6oz. RWG + 4oz.RWG bottom /6oz. RWG + 6oz. RWG deck

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I used to ride 31.5 but it was just too hard to the bury the rail. And 31.3 didn’t have enough paddle power :)

I usually just copy length/width from something they‘ve posted; then ask them to tweak the thickness to get into a range. Guess this time “anywhere between 31 to 32L” came out as 31.4!

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Is the Buzzsaw dead? Feel like 1/3 of the boards they make for team guys are still Buzzsaws but no one here has got one for years?
I still love mine and with CFT medium no need to order another problem is my good wave board and last 2+ winters kinda suked:bricks:

Reactions: JDJ
Jun 16, 2022
OC, United States
Picked up a 5'8" x 18.88" x 2.2" Buzzsaw SK8 at 29L last fall. At 155lbs, it's a bit bigger than what I'm used to riding (typical boards 27-28L), but has worked pretty well so far. The extra volume was nice on those bigger days. However, looking at dims a lot of the team riders are on, it seems like the Buzzsaw is usually sized pretty small. Wonder if anyone has any thoughts on the benefits of dropping down in volume and stubbing it down a bit? For example I was thinking of a 5'6" x 19" x 2.12". Either that, or just copping a Superbuzz, but not sure whether to get it in my normal volume of 27-28L, or going up even higher than my Buzzsaw like Stretch usually recommends.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Picked up a 5'8" x 18.88" x 2.2" Buzzsaw SK8 at 29L last fall. At 155lbs, it's a bit bigger than what I'm used to riding (typical boards 27-28L), but has worked pretty well so far. The extra volume was nice on those bigger days. However, looking at dims a lot of the team riders are on, it seems like the Buzzsaw is usually sized pretty small. Wonder if anyone has any thoughts on the benefits of dropping down in volume and stubbing it down a bit? For example I was thinking of a 5'6" x 19" x 2.12". Either that, or just copping a Superbuzz, but not sure whether to get it in my normal volume of 27-28L, or going up even higher than my Buzzsaw like Stretch usually recommends.
Both buzzsaw and superbuzz can hold some extra foam for smaller to medium surf or slimmed down for good surf. Big difference is super buzz is short stubby 6" under height while buzzsaw has more rail and perfect just under or at height. I have my superbuzz dd for waist to hh+ and buzzsaw step up hpsb for any thing bigger or bareling days. I also have gbuzz for smaller and 2x4 step up for bigger
5'8" 170#
Superbuzz 5'2" x19.5" 2.375" thumbtail quad fu#2
Buzzsaw 5'7" x19" x2.18" sk8 pintail quad fu#2

Jun 16, 2022
OC, United States
Both buzzsaw and superbuzz can hold some extra foam for smaller to medium surf or slimmed down for good surf. Big difference is super buzz is short stubby 6" under height while buzzsaw has more rail and perfect just under or at height. I have my superbuzz dd for waist to hh+ and buzzsaw step up hpsb for any thing bigger or bareling days. I also have gbuzz for smaller and 2x4 step up for bigger
5'8" 170#
Superbuzz 5'2" x19.5" 2.375" thumbtail quad fu#2
Buzzsaw 5'7" x19" x2.18" sk8 pintail quad fu#2
Thanks for the assessment! Jeez you're 15lbs heavier than me and riding the same size boards as me. What made you go up in thickness instead of upping width on Superbuzz? I was thinking of getting something thinner and wider (e.g. 5'4" x 20" x 2.12") for something more grovely.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Thanks for the assessment! Jeez you're 15lbs heavier than me and riding the same size boards as me. What made you go up in thickness instead of upping width on Superbuzz? I was thinking of getting something thinner and wider (e.g. 5'4" x 20" x 2.12") for something more grovely.
Only went up 1/2" width my superbuzz does not have sk8 deck "sk8 is 1/4 less". I love sk8 did not know about it was new at time of order but would've gone sk8. Best to talk to Dylan details about your buzzsaw and what you want superbuzz for compared etc make sure to go in details on surf conditions etc and of course age and number of years surfing. Go custom best 8-10 wait of your life well be stocked:shaka::shaka::shaka: