stretch boards support and board pron thread

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I've got a 6'10" 2x4 legacy. It's my go to board for bigger OBSF and lost coast. The extra length helps with stability too in the wind chop.
Always been curious what point you ask for semi gun or even buzzgun but I don't get to surf conditions like that any more so no need here. I always loved shape of buzzgun and quad I would be all over but around 7'-7'4":waving:

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
@PeterDj @rowjimmytour @thekadvang Thanks for all the input guys

my 5'11 2x4 (30L) went insane in the Mentawais (What board doesnt lol) so I was thinking a bit bigger dims to tackle the beach here and to bring for travel when the waves get heavy. I did like my 2x4 in santa cruz, but felt like it didnt have enough foam for most days at OBSF. Nice to hear that the epoxy manages with windy conditions.

Thinking a 6'3 or a 6'4 in CFT should serve me well - I'm 6'0 and 170

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
@PeterDj @rowjimmytour @thekadvang Thanks for all the input guys

my 5'11 2x4 (30L) went insane in the Mentawais (What board doesnt lol) so I was thinking a bit bigger dims to tackle the beach here and to bring for travel when the waves get heavy. I did like my 2x4 in santa cruz, but felt like it didnt have enough foam for most days at OBSF. Nice to hear that the epoxy manages with windy conditions.

Thinking a 6'3 or a 6'4 in CFT should serve me well - I'm 6'0 and 170
I normally go CFT medium but for my 2x4 step up I went heavy because I wanted it for long paddle days and stiff winds but even my stubby boards 5'2" do good 10-15mph winds and hell one day had my It 2win out on 20mph and had no problem but the size at 6'9" took off like kite when it was not planing on waves.
CFT heavy: 6oz. RWG + 6oz.RWG bottom /6oz. RWG + 6oz. RWG deck
2.5pcf marko foam blank with 1/4” bamboo stringer*

Reactions: Yewstreet

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
How long are customs taking right now? Anyone tried a 5150? Im really tempted to.
12 weeks for me last order right before New Years I got early March:shaka: I think 5150 would be my next since I have plenty of good wave boards and not enough low range boards.
12 weeks for me as well and ordered right before Xmas. Looking into a 2x4 in 32L next...

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
they are some super old fiberglass stretch gun fins with the classic "S" logo on them

all 4 fins the same size (pretty small) 50/50 foil

have never tried to run anything else they work great
Nice one thing with stretch fins go with board I only had trouble once with super buzz came with FU#3 quad set and switched them with FU#2 and used FU#3 for gbuzz and never take em out unless I travel :shaka:

Reactions: thekadvang

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
12 weeks for me last order right before New Years I got early March:shaka: I think 5150 would be my next since I have plenty of good wave boards and not enough low range boards.
I either want a 5150 or a Happy from CI. My quiver is already complete but I've got an itch to add new stuff for fall/winter.

• Love

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
What fins do you run on your 8' buzzgun?
I run the dylan gravezilla thrusters on my 8' comp gun for cruising long points, just because they look cool. If its more critical I go with the stretch gun s2 quad set. There are some days where the wave might not be that big, but it's fat and lots of wind chop, then the comp gun works allot easier than the 2x4 step up. I told stretch to add extra vee in the nose and double concave out the back for the windy days. It's a paddling beast, I can't blame the board for my lack of talent if i miss a wave.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
For my super buzz sk8 i've been using the pink and black stretch honeycomb fins. Should I get a set of the FU #2 and use those instead?

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
For my super buzz sk8 i've been using the pink and black stretch honeycomb fins. Should I get a set of the FU #2 and use those instead?
I run the pink and black honeycombs on my super buzz too. But, they are looking ragged now after running into the reef too many times. The FU are cheaper at least.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I love em and own 2 x 5 fin sets and 1 quad gun set: superbuzz, buzzgun , and 2x4 step up :shaka: