stretch boards support and board pron thread

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Have surfed my 2win about 10x and for me, bigger fins have been more consistent feeling.

Tried Stretch's 5.125 twins, very loose, felt insane when the wave had enough curve to push against but squirrely on flatter waves.

Moved up to the Captain Fin Chippa Twin (5.7") good and the Alkali twin (similar size, a bit more raked) even better.

The board has a noticeably tighter feeling on more vertical waves where you could get away with less fin. Normally I try to find a set of fins I like with the board and not mess with it, this board could be different.

How is the new 2win treating you?

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
View attachment 92742

Stimulus Sled

5'3" x 19.5" x 2.3" = 30.7 Liters

Feels good under arm. The right amount more volume than the used one I've been riding.
Glad I didn't go any thicker or wider. Took about 8 weeks.
Ride report later today.
Oooh boy.

That’s the super buzz?

I got a mega fish on order but damn. Might have to throw one of these in too

Reactions: racer1

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
It's a Mr Buzz.

I've been riding a slightly thinner and narrower one for a few months and love it but paddling it is a bitch. So I worked with Dylan on adding some volume and it came out great. We'll see how it goes in about an hour.
Do you like the CFT?

Damn now I’m tempted

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Had a semi-shocker on the new MrBuzz. The waves were kinda shitty but I forced it and was a little too horny. First hour the board felt weird, like maybe more tail rocker than the used one I've been riding. 25mph side show wind and two swells crossed up so I was getting odd feedback from the board. Towards the end of the session, I just rode one straight to see how it felt. No pumps, no turns, just doing a manual in the pocket as far as I could. Finally found the magic spot. Then got 4 fun waves to end the session. Sounds really similar to my first session on the used one, so hopefully next session is all magic.

Solved the paddling problem, this one paddles really good.

Not gonna lie, first hour I was spewing, thinking I made a mistake.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
25mph side shore winds sounds like a recipe for a maiden shocker.

as much as I think I would struggle on a mr. buzz with my thick wetsuit and crummy waves I've always wanted one.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Not gonna lie, first hour I was spewing, thinking I made a mistake.
Felt the same way about my Fever. Took it out in howling side shore winds and just couldn't figure it out. I almost posted it for sale on craigslist that night but decided to give it another try and ended up figuring it out the next session.

Reactions: racer1

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I surfed a Mr Buzz once in pumping beach break, Sublime had one. It was tiny but an extremely fun board. I really dig the design.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Oh man. It's a dud.

Today was about as good as it gets at my local. Head high to almost double overhead steep peaks with long walls and lots of double ups. I tried split keel fronts for more speed with my regular rears (yesterday I tried AM Large fronts with my regular rears). I also packed the split keel rears in my boardshorts to test them too. Board struggled to get speed despite the waves having lots of energy and steep walls. I struggled to make sections and when I did get up to the lip I had to do the wackest windshield wiper turns. Super bummed on this one. Gonna have to email Dylan to figure out what happened. Board feels like it's dragging an 8 pound dumbbell off the back. When I compare the new Mr Buzz to the old one, it looks like the new one has a little more tail rocker and a lot less entry rocker, could explain why it feels so slow.

I'll try it one more time, but most likely a sell. Probably my last big board purchase as we put an offer on a house!