Nep status
Aug 10, 2009
Santa Cruz
Current stretch quiver:

6'2'' 2x4
5'11'' Buzzsaw
7'1'' IT

It IT is my wife's new board.

Just picked up a set of the 5.125 stretch twins to try in the buzzsaw.

saucerboy

Nep status
Aug 10, 2009
Santa Cruz
Aruka said:
Lil Buddy

In the process of dialing in a G-Buzz with tommy. Might also get something else if I can swing it. Hell of a time deciding between all the options. Buzzsaw squash or round tail looks siiiiick and then there's the Skate....
What do you think of the lil buddy?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
saucerboy said:
Aruka said:
Lil Buddy

In the process of dialing in a G-Buzz with tommy. Might also get something else if I can swing it. Hell of a time deciding between all the options. Buzzsaw squash or round tail looks siiiiick and then there's the Skate....
What do you think of the lil buddy?
I did a review in this thread:LINK

The condensed version is it took me a little while to dial in fins but once I did I really liked it. The rocker curve is amazing in that it catches waves like a flat stub but carves like a HPSB. I think the double concave that runs from the center of the board threw me off a little being a more backfooted surfer. For being a "small" wave board it seemed to really want some push to come alive. I rode long period DOH waves on it and never really felt like I hit it's limit.

I sold it recently to my best buddy who was going to Puerto spur of the moment and was basically begging me for a couple good boards. It always was a little porky for me and I have so many boards in that size range (6-3) that it wasn't getting much use.

He just got back yesterday, said he got super shacked on the Buddy and he was glad for the wave catching ability of it because of the crowds at a certain left point.

I sort of regret selling it because I really did have some great sessions on it but at the same time there's nothing stopping me from getting another one with a few tweaks down the road.

Full Dims: 6-3 x 19.5 x 2.4

N:12"

T:14.75"

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
spprtstrch said:
hi guys :) guess who :wave2:

wanted to start a thread to discuss all things related to stretch boards and post up pix of coolshit that comes through the shop.

let's play nice

don't get offended if i miss a question or two. i'm busyasfuck here and can't dick around on the erBBs all day.

which erBBer does this belong to? :shrug:

you got the stones for this bro?
That is what people are call a gun now a days right?

It is, what, a six foot six inch "beast" of a board? And all of 17 inches wide?

No matter which erBBer from Socal rides it in the dangerously punishing perfect points of Santa Barbara at head high, the cork deck and bamboo bottom look pretty good. Down there it will probably last a good long time.

How much those things run from the bro deals?

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com
Driftcoast said:
spprtstrch said:
hi guys :) guess who :wave2:

wanted to start a thread to discuss all things related to stretch boards and post up pix of coolshit that comes through the shop.

let's play nice

don't get offended if i miss a question or two. i'm busyasfuck here and can't dick around on the erBBs all day.

which erBBer does this belong to? :shrug:

you got the stones for this bro?
That is what people are call a gun now a days right?

It is, what, a six foot six inch "beast" of a board? And all of 17 inches wide?

No matter which erBBer from Socal rides it in the dangerously punishing perfect points of Santa Barbara at head high, the cork deck and bamboo bottom look pretty good. Down there it will probably last a good long time.

How much those things run from the bro deals?
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Njryan

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 25, 2011
Time to get a family shot....
East coast quiver
G-Buzz
Buzzsaw
Skate
2x4 step up

Every board I've got from stretch has been magic....

Reactions: rowjimmytour

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Craigslist has been very good to me lately. Just scored this bamboo cork 2x4, 6'0, 18 3/4 or 7/8 (can't tell), 2 3/8. Can't wait to take it out.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Thanks. The funny thing is that I was debating ordering a 2x4 a while back in EPS tech in similar dims. Super stocked!!

I was surprised how light the board is. For some reason, I expected the cork bamboo combo to be heavier, not the case.

BFilk

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 30, 2014
OC CA
I saw that board and I think same guy has a b saw also on there. Looks real good! Do you still wax that cork or is it tacky enough when wet to provide enough grip?