stretch boards support and board pron thread

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Anyone like running a twin + trailer on their superbuzz? If so, which fins?

I always ran my SB as a quad but recently I had favorable results with NVS Nautilus in chest to waist high reef breaks.
I have a gbuzz in slimmer dims so not exactly your question but fwiw I liked twin+ set ups with smaller side fins and a larger trailer. Futures machado twin+ or black stix etc both have a trailer that’s ~11 area. The g and Superbuzz have really wide tail blocks, so there’s a lot of real estate between the two front fins. Just personal preference but a more standard ~8 area trailer didn’t feel like it anchored the tail quite enough

Reactions: smithgrind

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I let my friend in Nica borrow my 33L 2win for a week. He weighs maybe 120lbs after eating. I watched him flub air reverses on his old potato chip 24L board, which made me think more volume might help. Riding the 2win he was easily boosting at least another foot over the lip and landing smoothly without any issues just by going up in Liters. Sure, maybe you won't hack massive backside carves and spit gallons of water, but you gain lift with more volume. It will be interesting to see how boards will look in 10 years when judges are looking for 720 air reverses to score instead of smooth JJ layback carve.

Reactions: paunch23

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
... It will be interesting to see how boards will look in 10 years when judges are looking for 720 air reverses to score instead of smooth JJ layback carve.
I’m surprised this never really happened 10 years ago when the Stretches and Tomos etc were short n stubby. Should’ve been ideal for airs but most pros didn’t seem willing to experiment- understandably not for contests, but even just for clips. As Racer showed, these kinda designs should excel in the pools with tighter transitions. So maybe as the pools become an even more common experience…

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
When I went to Waco in April, I brought a 5’11 album insanity and a 5’7 lost RNF 96. both felt too long. so when I went back in July I wanted to bring something short with decent exit rocker. MR Buzz went way better and felt good in the pocket. I think I could go even shorter tho, like a 5’2 or even 5’0.

I don’t think most people will be open to that look, but that’s what felt best IMO.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I think you should get a 5150 and compare and contrast for us Vs a Mr buzz. You were ripping at the pool but Im not sure riding a board 8 inches shorter than your height is achievable for avg surfers. That jimmyrow guy is the only one with feedback on the 5150, but he’s more of a super stretch fan than I am, so if I don’t believe me, can I believe him? :)

also the album fascinations better turn up my new superbuzz or my 3 ipa 11pm internet shopping is on you, not me!!

• Haha
Reactions: racer1 and JDJ

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I would love to try a 5150. stretch pricing is a sticker shock, so it’s hard to pull the trigger.

they last so long tho. My super buzz is 9 years old and still great pop. The MR buzz I got has to be at least 6-7 years old as it has the old EPS TECH logo and hand written dims on the string in pencil.

I do want to get another MR buzz but slightly thicker. The one I have is so tiny, it’s 29 liters Dylan said, would love to get one over 30 liters as this one feels so tiny in the ocea.