stretch boards support and board pron thread

Nov 21, 2022
Looking for a high performance daily driver/HPSB for the "top end" of my quiver (think 2nd option for rampier more juicy waves shoulder - DOH). Highly considering the Stretch Thing and Stretch Lil Buddy.

I'm concerned about that flat to single concave and whether anyone has found that maneuverability isn't an issue. Was thinking maybe ordering a squash tail and using flexier/more neutral fins would compensate but wanted to know what others had experienced.

Looking for recommendations for my description from anyone who has ridden these boards thx!!!

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Nothing to do with your specific question but fwiw some models that are single concave Stretch will do as a single,double, v out the tail. The skate is a single concave model but my last two have been the single to double version.

Nov 21, 2022
Nothing to do with your specific question but fwiw some models that are single concave Stretch will do as a single,double, v out the tail. The skate is a single concave model but my last two have been the single to double version.
Wow thats really cool. Most shapers balk at changes in the design like that I'll have to ask. Where do you surf @spjones123? & What are you riding for high performance/barrels in shoulder - DOH

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
but I get the sense he doesn't really like changing the bottom, huh? like he designed it that way for a reason.

is he doing the 5150 bottom on other boards now?????

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
but I get the sense he doesn't really like changing the bottom, huh? like he designed it that way for a reason.

is he doing the 5150 bottom on other boards now?????
Sorry I wasn’t saying they do it for everything. I was just suggesting it doesn’t hurt to ask. I was getting another Skate and asked if they ever did single to double. They said all the time, so I went with it. I’m sure they have boards in the line up they don’t think work with changes.

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
Sorry I wasn’t saying they do it for everything. I was just suggesting it doesn’t hurt to ask. I was getting another Skate and asked if they ever did single to double. They said all the time, so I went with it. I’m sure they have boards in the line up they don’t think work with changes.
yeah that's probably what it is. I have asked also, he said: "sure, I can leave a high stringer..." thought to myself, wtf is that?haha

I THINK his answer to, oh you want a single/double concave, then go with one of the buzz models!
I know, when I order, there's some stuff loss in translation/communication coming from my part, for sure.

btw that buzzsaw pool version is the best stretch I've had.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Agree never hurts to ask and Dylan always explains to me why or why not sine thing well work or not:foreheadslap: Past ideas shut down sk8 deck 2x4 step up and twinzer set up for 5150 but always agreed on inputs from stretch factory and was stocked when board came:cheers:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
New stretch's on sale in NY:

Reactions: GMN

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
New stretch's on sale in NY:

Rhode Island

Matunuck, not Montauk. Same bowl of soup, slightly different crackers.

Reactions: menobrah

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Hey quick question for all the Stretch "thruster" aficionados, is there enough of a difference between the ThingV2, and the Square 1, to justify having both in the quiver? I've been really digging the Thingv2, and want to explore that single concave thruster design platform a little more.

Dec 1, 2022
Hi y'all, I believe I read somewhere in these here pages that Stretch was putting out some rounded nosed 5150s. Is this correct or am I imagining things. Read one review on this board here which was pretty favorable but curious if anyone else had input on this ride. Big fan of Pugs and the Superbuzz but have always been curious about the 5150-after watching the Zoller vid, looks like it can handle a fair bit of swell, not a pure groveler by any 'stretch'
Any feedback always much appreciated
Cheers

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
KB's daughter with quiver of stretch boards all under 5'

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Hi y'all, I believe I read somewhere in these here pages that Stretch was putting out some rounded nosed 5150s. Is this correct or am I imagining things. Read one review on this board here which was pretty favorable but curious if anyone else had input on this ride. Big fan of Pugs and the Superbuzz but have always been curious about the 5150-after watching the Zoller vid, looks like it can handle a fair bit of swell, not a pure groveler by any 'stretch'
Any feedback always much appreciated
Cheers
Mine has blunt nose and set up as twuad "twin+quad backs" handles nicely more of dd then grovel but Nathan Fletcher seen much footage surfin' Indo barrels Oh+. Stretch can tune any model up or down depending on your need. This was first stringless bord for me and I love the flex or bord feedback on feet. I ussually surf CFT medium and DFT feels so good specially at speed pumping down line no wonder NF likes it so much.

Reactions: johnson7

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
Anyone like running a twin + trailer on their superbuzz? If so, which fins?

I always ran my SB as a quad but recently I had favorable results with NVS Nautilus in chest to waist high reef breaks.

Reactions: SixtyGrit