stretch boards support and board pron thread

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
I rode it yesterday (2’ Central FL) with FCS II MR twin + trailer. Was ok. Looking for a bit more drive
Row Jimmy is right. It will work as a thruster and with different quads. It does not work in my experience as twin plus trailer. There is still too much curve in the back. Need more fin back there. ST3 was my favorite. Other quads worked (MB2; AM2) but ST3 was the best.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
Found a used Superbuzz in my size, but the downside is it only has a thruster fin box set. Really wanted to run it as a quad like my Buzzsaw. I'm wondering if it would go ok as a twin + trailer? Anyone have any thoughts?
It works as a thruster. Slightly larger front fins if you are in smaller waves. In bigger waves you can run a normal size. Works as a thruster. I only surf beach break. So my counsel is limited to that application.

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
Found a used Superbuzz in my size, but the downside is it only has a thruster fin box set. Really wanted to run it as a quad like my Buzzsaw. I'm wondering if it would go ok as a twin + trailer? Anyone have any thoughts?
I've surfed my SB as a thruster with AM2s and it went pretty good. One of these days I'll get around to exploring a
twin + trailer setup on it.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Also in the fwiw category, every time Ive chatted with Dylan at Stretch about a SB, he says he uses the Rasta twin + trailer. I don’t have a SB, but the Rasta set permanently stays in my Gbuzz
My permanent set has been FU#2 quad set and same goes with my buzzsaw and 2x4 (gun set) so I own fcs 2x 5 fin sets and quad gun set. I also have future 5 fin set but only fronts I used so far with FU 2win backs:waving:

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
hey u guys,,so either this board is pretty sick, OR we've been having a good run of waves lately. best Stretch I've had .
does everything the quad fish does, but turns like a shortboard! as drivey as the fish, but easier to turn. I think it just works really good in the types of waves I usually surf. B e a c h b r e a k s.

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
hey u guys,,so either this board is pretty sick, OR we've been having a good run of waves lately. best Stretch I've had .
does everything the quad fish does, but turns like a shortboard! as drive as the fish, but easier to turn. I think it just work really good in the types of waves I usually surf. B e a c h b r e a k s.
My buzzsaw is my good wave board and always look forward to riding it:shaka:

Jun 16, 2022
OC, United States
FWIW I had a SB with 5 boxes and tried A LOT of fin combos and by far my favorite was AMT twin + trailer

controller quads was a close second but a little too much fin for me
Also in the fwiw category, every time Ive chatted with Dylan at Stretch about a SB, he says he uses the Rasta twin + trailer. I don’t have a SB, but the Rasta set permanently stays in my Gbuzz
you guys are getting me stoked to try one as a twin+trailer. my current go to board is a buzzsaw as a quad, and have fiending to try a superbuzz, especially in smaller socal surf