stretch boards support and board pron thread

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
Where do you surf? I’ve almost pulled the trigger on a Superbuzz minimum a 100 times. But the reviews here have been mixed. I’m surprised people say it’s not a great paddler. In south orange county nothing has push, so paddle power helps. I think I’d go with the longer dimensions…5’9 20 wide etc
I guess the paddle issue is because you’re supposed to go short on this board. I went 2” shorter than my fish! Had i gone same dims as my fish, i’d probably paddle just as well.
My .02

• Wow
Reactions: rowjimmytour

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I had a round tail ugly 2win, (which was basically that same outline/rocker, with twin fin placement,) and an older pug too. I know for me the superbuzz just does everything easier, and better, I think it's the rocker. The other boards have the flatter tail rocker, which wasn't nearly as forgiving, being heavy off the front foot. A superbuzz with a fat round pin, seems like it would be pretty sweet?
I'm in the bay area, and usually surf between OB and Montara, and I think it's a great little board for the waves I surf. Your pretty used to paddling small boards, check with Dylan and Stretch, and see what they recommend, I imagine it will be pretty similar to your gbuzz? I think you'd really like it, but it may be filling the same role in the quiver as your speedbuzz, or take the place of your gbuzz. I've been riding mine as a twin plus trailer, it's everything I wanted my ugly2win to be and more. It makes me want to put a speedbuzz in between the super, and buzzsaw.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
Where do you surf? I’ve almost pulled the trigger on a Superbuzz minimum a 100 times. But the reviews here have been mixed. I’m surprised people say it’s not a great paddler. In south orange county nothing has push, so paddle power helps. I think I’d go with the longer dimensions…5’9 20 wide etc
I have a 5'8 superbuzz in NCSD. If there's one thing this board does is paddle well and catch waves easily. However, they do change up the rockers on the SuperBuzz depending on where you tell them you surf. Mine is pretty flat.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I'm in the bay area, and usually surf between OB and Montara, and I think it's a great little board for the waves I surf. Your pretty used to paddling small boards, check with Dylan and Stretch, and see what they recommend, I imagine it will be pretty similar to your gbuzz? I think you'd really like it, but it may be filling the same role in the quiver as your speedbuzz, or take the place of your gbuzz. I've been riding mine as a twin plus trailer, it's everything I wanted my ugly2win to be and more. It makes me want to put a speedbuzz in between the super, and buzzsaw.
Nice. I was SF and Marin the decade before moving south. Montara and Moss Landing are the two creepiest places I’ve surfed. Just feels like sharks are lurking everywhere.

unfortunaley my Speedbuzz got stolen. It was my own fault for leaving it on the roof. But glass half full now I can Yolo another Stretch . I’m loving the slimmed up gbuzzs stretch Brazil is doing. I think that’s what I’m going to get

A9EA9373-47BC-42CF-8CFB-E081D2F5F8ED.jpegBBFC8022-1B55-4206-97E1-029FDDD220CF.jpeg

Spinktopus

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 31, 2011
Satellite Beach, FL
Central FL. Surfed it a few times already in 3-4’ kinda weakish waves. So far, it’s a winner. The Rusty Heckler, similar dimensions may paddle easier, but this board handles better and feels like it takes less to get it moving. I love it.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Nice. I was SF and Marin the decade before moving south. Montara and Moss Landing are the two creepiest places I’ve surfed. Just feels like sharks are lurking everywhere.

unfortunaley my Speedbuzz got stolen. It was my own fault for leaving it on the roof. But glass half full now I can Yolo another Stretch . I’m loving the slimmed up gbuzzs stretch Brazil is doing. I think that’s what I’m going to get

View attachment 120944View attachment 120945
I know what you mean, seems like we are seeing more, and more every year now?

That sucks to hear about your speedbuzz! Did you like that board, I figure if it was a keeper, you'd just order another one?

It sounds like your dialed into what you want, but since you already have a gbuzz, it might be worth checking out? I know I can push thigh high lindamar mush, or clean head high+ beach break, it's got a really wide range.

Reactions: Spinktopus

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
This video came out less then a week after I ordered my 5150 5'6" x19" x2.25" twin set up 4x boxes:shaka: Dylan told me Stretch uses front quad placement for twin set up and Miky Picon in France and I assume customer was Dylan Graves in Puerto Rico both loving twin set up 5150:waving:

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I guess the paddle issue is because you’re supposed to go short on this board. I went 2” shorter than my fish! Had i gone same dims as my fish, i’d probably paddle just as well.
My .02
I went 6" shorter and my superbuzz paddles great but you do have to adjust your body and paddle different. I keep my chin low weight forward and also keep feet low center and together to even out balance :cheers:

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
This video came out less then a week after I ordered my 5150 5'6" x19" x2.25" twin set up 4x boxes:shaka: Dylan told me Stretch uses front quad placement for twin set up and Miky Picon in France and I assume customer was Dylan Graves in Puerto Rico both loving twin set up 5150:waving:
Really? The twin fin placement is the exact same as the front boxes on a quad? Greg Griffin is not going to like this

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Really? The twin fin placement is the exact same as the front boxes on a quad? Greg Griffin is not going to like this
For this model 5150 but griifin already hates Stretch twin placement for 2win and likes the ride like a thruster instead:foreheadslap:

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
Happy to talk you into it
Here's mine, it was a custom for me that I got this past summer. 5'8, 32L.

Not 100% sure I want to sell but open to the idea. Located in NCSD if anyone wants to come check it out! A couple of tiny dings all repaired immediately by Ding King, who said they it wasn't totally necessary but good to get ahead of it since its EPS.

Still super white under the wax and ridden ~10 times or less.

Attachments